Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Ring of 2012

hotrodzincoln

After the thaw last weekend the ground froze solid again until last night. I decided it was time to take the ATP out for walk after work. The top three inches of soil were soft but below that was like cement. Besides a handful of pennies, I found this silver and turquoise ring, some mystery metal, and links from part of a bracelet I had found in the same spot last winter. The bracelet had gone through a lawn mower. The mystery nugget is too dense to be aluminum, and is not rusty like iron, so I think it is probably silver solder.

[attachment 220868 Jan19201202sm.jpg] [attachment 220869 Jan19201204sm.jpg] [attachment 220870 Jan19201205sm.jpg]

Thanks - it's a little bent up but I''ll put it on the mandrel and straighten it out.

Good lookin' ring!! Congrats!