Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First River hunt of the season

ironman200081

It finally got hot enough to chase me from the land to the water in search of Civil War lead. This spot has been pretty well picked over but it is still good for a handful or so of bullets. My first find wasn't a bullet at all, however. It was an eagle-I coat button! I scored some more lead and a brass valve stem to an old Model T and them my Garrett ProPointer AT decided to die. Luckily, it was still under warranty by a few months and the good folks at Garrett made it all better after a few weeks. This is the second time I have had a Garrett pointer die just before the warranty period ended. I am really happy they have the 2-year warranty on their pointers!

I was bummed that my hunt was cut short but with the weather in Mid-MO being slightly cooler than a bear hug from the devil himself, I'll be back soon.

[video]https://youtu.be/w7CZJwRFFJs[/video]

Nice hunt. Nice finds. Glad they made your detector good. Thanks for the post. CCH

Nice finds buddy. HH

Nice finds! A quick question if you don't mind...does your state require a permit to metal detect in rivers? They do here, in Virginia. Lakes and beaches no problem. I was thinking about trying some river hunting. Thanks.

Thanks! No, Missouri does not require a permit to hunt streams or rivers. Army Corps of Engineers lakes may be detected but a lot of restrictions apply. State park swim beaches may be detected if you have a free permit from the Department of Natural Resources. City/County lakes may be detected so long as there is no local ordinance to the contrary.

Thanks for the reply. I just found out recently about the permit requirements here. I guess the state doesn't get enough money for it's coffers thru all the taxes they have in place now. :ranting: Good luck hunting!

Thanks, you too! Sorry to hear that VA is becoming fee-and-tax-happy.