Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First salt water hunt with the 600.

RichW

Received it yesterday and hunted in the water about an hour today. Not going to bore you with the unpacking nonsense. 1st the bad, there is quite a lot of wobble in the shaft which I hate but I can live with for a while. Hope I can somehow fix it. The headphones are terrible in my opinion. Probably better without them except for wind noise. The stock coil moves through the water much better than the stock CTX coil and I really like the way the nose and back of the coil are squared off. Ran it in beach 2 and it ran smooth. Target ID was right on. I dug several coins, some trash and 2 silver rings. One gave me a constant 28. I was thinking silver ring and it was. Dug some fairly deep targets. Tried it on the wet and dry beach for a short time. It loves twist off bottle caps which I expected but hope to find a way around some of those eventually. It will really hit the small stuff. I sure could have used some waterproof headphones and I'd love an 8 inch coil. Pretty nice machine but will not sell my CTX. (yet)

thanks for the report , I seen with the crown caps if while swinging drag the coil off the target the caps get a iron grunt and the number drops down also , it was consistent with my short test but still like us all much more testing to do.

did some wet sand testing with IQ 800 and etrac both stock coils and they seem about equal on mid range targets again more testing needed.

thanks again for sharing your 1st swing findings

Today was my first saltwater hunt as well with the 600. Went out for about 2 hours but it got too windy so I quit early. I also liked the way the coil cut through the water, much better than the Garrett Infinium I usually use. I stayed in the water the entire 2 hours using Beach 2 settings. One thing I noticed was once I got in deeper water the detector started falsing and I had to lower the sensitivity from 20 down to about 15. This was most likely due to the black sand and wave action. It's bad in this area and I normally have to run the pulse delay (discrimination) up on the infinium to get rid of the falsing as well. The falsing wasn't that big of an issue because actual targets were easily heard.

I didn't find anything exciting, just your normal pull tabs, lead sinkers and modern coins. I can hardly wait for the waterproof headphones, it would have been nice to have them with all the wind today. Not sure if the Equinox is deeper than the Infinium at this point, probably not, but it sure is easier to swing.