Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first seated of the year and other recent finds

gear box

I got in a 3 hour hunt this morning at the fairgrounds and ended up with my first seated coin of the year. It's a 1886 dime in pretty good condition. I also got a 64 Roosevelt that I knicked a little and a couple of wheats. Theres also a couple of other pictures that are of the last 3 or 4 hunts. Theres a 1983 mexican 20 cent piece that I got a couple of day's ago along with the Indianhead. Thats the same Indian in the other pictures not more than one. All these coins came from two places, the old fairgrounds and the old park down the street. That old fairgrounds has been pretty good to me this year. The ring and Barber quarter are the ones I mentioned a few day's ago from the park.
Thanks for looking, Gary

Very nice finds there! That 1893 Indian looks to be in really good shape. Seateds are always extra special to find and that one looks decent compared to how worn they usually are for people. Anything better than slug worn is for sure a really nice find.

What K is the ring, how deep, how did it sound, and what # VDI did it read for you...Oh, and did it lock into 1 or 2 VDIs or range around on you? Thanks.

Once again, some great finds.

Very impressive finds!

Good job. We need to go detecting with you!!

Those are some great finds nice old ring :super: Jim

Thanks everyone. Critter that is the ring that I mentioned a week ago or so. There is no k value just the 99.99 mark. Deepdiger said that it is most likely 23 to 24K, almost pure gold. I think I said that it came in as a lower tone and read 180 VDI. But I had some doubts if what I first said was what it actually was. I really get excited when a 180 shows up, so I checked it again a few minutes ago in a test by laying it on the ground and a clad quarter a ways away. It definately locked in on a solid 180 and sounded really close in tone to the quarter. It also was only a couple inches deep at best, in fact it was in the bottom of the gassroots in the plug.
Good luck Gary

Oh yea, now I remember the ring. Wow, that's a high K value! Can't figure out why it's reading 180 being not a big massive ring and with such a high K #? Usually the bigger the ring the higher it reads, or the lower the K the higher it reads as a general rule of thumb. Of course what the gold was mixed with will also determine how high or low it reads (copper, silver, nickel which I think is used often for white gold?, and so on)...But if that ring is pure gold or even just a real high K value at that size I would figure it would read pretty low, like say in the foil range probably or maybe approaching nickel at the most? Anybody have any ideas here? :shrug: