Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver Coin Found Ever

BH505Man

Went out detecting this morning at a newly opened city park and found my first silver coin a 1943 Washington quarter. (finally broke my drought on finding a silver coin) I found it using my T2 Classic with the 15"DD coil. Settings were Sensitivity 85, Disc 0, & Tone 4. The quarter was standing up on it's side, so I only was able to detect it sweeping from one side. Just the same, I managed to pinpoint it and dug down 7 inches to recover it.

That is your I'm hooked forever on detecting now !! Nice find and congrats :clapping:

How long have you been detecting ???

I started detecting back around 1970 with a Relco BFO type detector but got discouraged because it didn't work well. I only found trash and a few pennies. Later on around 1975 I purchased a White's Coinmaster BFO. It wasn't much better because it didn't discriminate so I found mostly junk, a few pennies, nickels and clad coins. Then in 2013 I bought a Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505. It was better by far than any of the previous detectors and it found lots more coins but no silver. I then purchased a Bounty Hunter Legacy 3500, It like the 505 found clad coins but no silver ones I even tried a few older sites with them. Finally in November of last year, I ordered my Teknetics T2 Classic because I decided that part of my problem with finding silver coins was that none of my previous detectors would go deep enough to find the deeper coins in these parks that have been pounded by everyone and their brother. . Received it in December in time for Christmas and tried this site today after finding a 1924S wheat cent there last Saturday. If I only had this detector when I first started detecting! (I would have really done well)

We started detecting about the same time, 1972 for me, and my 1st two detectors were BFO as well. One, a White's Coinmaster. Finding silver back then as well as today is pretty much site relative. Meaning, it has to be old enough. And as you noted, wheaties are a good indicator of a site having silver. Good find on the Washington and good luck down the road. HH jim tn