Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver coin with the Imapct

BigTony

Hello all, finally had some success today.

My first silver coin of 2018, no brag just happy for a bit.

I was using VLX2 and the numbers said 86 87 88 then when I turned it read 90 93 then back to 88. It was a cool surprise to see the 1941 Washington quarter.
It seemed about six inches down and on an angle.

Best of luck to all!

Tony

those edge coins always jump around a bit, nice one

Glad to see you're using that Impact you won. :clapping: You mentioned the search mode you were using, but I'm curious about which search coil people use, and why, as well as the settings used for a particular search mode.

It's 1:14 AM, 55°, and mostly cloudy and I just came in from getting a few things loaded in my Tahoe and that included my Impact w/7" Concentric coil. Off for a day of ghost town hunting in just a few hours and am pleased to have the Impact in my detector group as it is a very reliable performing device. I haven't plucked a silver quarter yet this year, either. Location is always going to be a key ingredient for finding silver coins, and the Impact can do its best when we hunt favorable sites. Enjoy more success on your next trips afield.

Monte

Monte, best of luck in the Ghost town and thank you!

I have been using the Impact since I received it. I use the smaller coil 4.5 by 7 inches.
I use this coil to learn separation in the trashy parks.

Tony

Galwayboy, thank you.

Yes, they do jump a bit on screen but those were good jumpy numbers that you have to go for.

Tony

The Pro Pack's 4X7½ DD worked okay for me when Coin Hunting local sites that didn't have a lot of nails or other iron trash, and where trash content at a site was low to maybe moderate. In really dense trash and where I need unmasking abilities, I use the 5" round DD coil.

Were you using the 4X7½ DD when you found the silver 25¢ piece?

Continued good luck. Rain ruined our morning ghost town adventures, but I'm heading out this afternoon to hunt an old labor camp with Oregon Gregg. Ghost town trek is scheduled for 7:30 tomorrow morning. If you lived close by we'd welcome you to join us. It would be a learning experience, to be sure.

Monte

Monte, yes that is the go to coil for trash parks that came in the Pro Pack.
I might purchase additional coils but haven't decided just yet.

I would love to join you but I am in NJ and that is a tough commute for sure.

Best of luck tomorrow.

Tony