Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver..... finally

CO_T\Huntr

Found my first Silver, a nice shiny Dime in that tiny grass area next to the curb in downtown Canon City, CO today.... I was there on other business and was parked here, went in on a whim and asked, guy said sure dug 34 holes and filled 3 back in at about a foot.... several were through the roots and I spent about 2 hrs covering the curbside and another 20min on the building side.
My first Matchbox too.....
The best thing might be that square piece folded in half, got it home and found out it's a Colorado 1/5 Cent sales tax Token (Colorado used sales-tax tokens from Sept. 1, 1935,to Feb. 28, 1945).... GREAT day here.

Just made the silver cut off date on that dime, congrats

You'll never forget you first silver! Nice going! :cheers: You're hooked now.:detecting:

tabman

Congrats in your first silver !!!!! What tesoro are you using

Good job. It sure makes you feel like a king when you find silver... KEN. Ind

Nice going , thats a beauty, cool history on that token, Good thing you asked no guts no glory. you had the guts to ask and now you have the glory , not to mention 30 digs

I had the Vaquero in the car with me so it got the duty
and I cherry picked it pretty much with Disc up pretty high and
not having any idea what might be there I was primarily coin shooting.
This area was a half block off main street and has probably
seen a million Pedestrians ..... Guy said not long ago it had
been sodded as well and most holes went 4-6" with a couple
pennies deeper...
I also worked it in multiple directions after seeing what can
happen in that test.
Went back in and showed the gentleman what I found and he and
his daughter were quite surprised at how much came out of there.

I found my first silver, a 1936 Merc, with a Tesoro - a Silver Sabre II.
It was a little pocket park and the dime was in the hole with a large nail.

Yep, I feel you Joy. Congrats! :clapping:

Congratulations to you.

I have absolutely given up on trying to find silver.

I am focusing now on trying to find gold jewelry.

congrats on the first silver. you will get more. esp where you least expect it.

This is a true incident. I too had given up on Silver. Was out just finding clad on a school ground. Most of the finds were right on top. Got a good signal under a tree and found a Silver Dime almost on the surface. It had been there for many years just waiting for me.

hatpin said:
I dont even remember my first silver.

Things like that begin to happen as you age. :rofl:

Mine was a 1920 Mercury Dime, every bit of 7 inches deep using a Gold Bug Pro with a 5 inch DD coil. I was so excited that I felt like a King that day.

tabman