Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

first silver find ever

jld66

been going to a site in the woods. cleaning out the trash and bullet casings for awhile now. got some clad and wheat pennies there. finally a silver coin. a 1857-o half dime. was about 7-8 inches down. hopefully the deeper, good stuff will start to come up. have to find some good tick repel. deepwoods OFF seems to be attracting them this year here in maine. haha...

That's a good one! :thumbup: I'm still looking for my first Seated Dime.

tabman

Nice hunt. Looks like a good site. BTW, which a Tesoro were you using?
Mike

Yes indeed. My first was a rosie. As a matter fact I have only been able to find rosies and mercs. Wtg!

i use the vaquero ohiomike. thanks all. it made my day.

jld66...

My first silver coin was a rosie dime and after nearly 20 years at this hobby still no

Awsome, a half dime is really nice , looks like a good chance of more things in the woods, the Vaq is a good machine ,

Congratulations on your first silver! I found my first silver over a year ago and it only stoked my passion for more.
Last week I found my first gold ring and now I have gold fever. Lol

Hope you find many more!

Congratulations! That is indeed a trophy you earned there! You must keep it of course, it being your first an all...unless it can be well sold so you can get more gear!:crylol: Then thats OK..
Mud

thanks all. i never heard of a half dime before. it is a small, thin coin. well, half of a dime. i went back after work today and not so lucky. think i will let that spot settle. i have another one ive been working on the same trail / old road. i really enjoy detecting. the vaquero is the first detector i ever touched when received it 7 weeks ago. i am very pleased with it. thanks again for the feedback.

Great find My first silver was a 1964 quarter but my oldest is a 1832 half dime.All silver is great.Hope you have many more to comeHH