Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver for the 2013 season

matthias

Hey there from NJ. I just got my first silver for this season. A 1920 Merc found in my little backyard. The AT Pro got a confusing signal but there was a consistant hi pitch in the mix. I dig all repeatable signals. The hole was about 4" in diameter and 5" deep. First I pulled out an old rusty piece of steel and when I put the PP back in I picked up the Merc about an inch away. It pays to dig "iffy" signals. HH. Matt

You should have rescanned the hole to see how clear the MD's tone turned out once the piece of steel was removed - just for fun. On top of doing just that - always rescan the hole before filling it in properly and then leaving. Nice find though, Matt.

Congrats...and to think its been there just waiting for you to find it. I have pounded my property with 6 different detectors and never pulled a silver. If/when I get another new detector I will search it again:)

Thanks guys. Diggin-It really hit on one of my strategies of hunting. When you get a new (different) coil on your machine its like detecting the same old place for the first time. Ive got four detectors with at least two coils for each plus on my DFX I can change parameters almost unlimited. Add to this changing detecting direction and patterns and coil swing rate. Keep all options open. HH. Matt

That's awesome I have found two silver dimes on two different outtings 28 merc and a 46 rosie the rosie I just knew was gonna be silver because the only coins at this site were all old Wheaties so when I got that good solid high tone I was pretty excited also found an antique lock pancake style it says eclipse 6 lever so I think I have a good area to hit for a while!

It's nice to find a beautiful Merc so close to home! ( I guess - all I found here was a few pieces of clad and a lot of aluminum trimmings, heh). Congrats!