Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver in O7 with a new 6 inch Excelerator

I got out today in the 26 degree temps and just had to try this new DD 6 inch Excelerator coil. Its a full 6 inches and 3/4 inch thick and weighs 14.5 oz. with cover. I managed to dig this 1898 Barber half from 4 inched deep. Its a rough one but I'll take a half anyday :) The area was a scraped out driveway at the University. I also found a few memorials and a couple clad dimes in the piles along the drive. It was just too darn cold as I forgot my gloves of all things! The SE worked great as did the coil. Hopefully I can make it to the park tomorrow to see how this coil does in the heavy trash.

I've been pondering buying one.

and/or the new 4x7 DD. I've had the 5" excelerator for awhile and never felt it could do much better than the 8"; though I think others would disagree.

Chris

Chris,
I still use the 8 inch concentric as it does a great job in medium trash and gets great depth. In my ground the depth was better with the Concentric then the DD stock coil. The one thing I didn't like is the concentric is a heavier coil. Also, if you are an avid Explorer user, switching to the concentric is different in pinpointing. I always just drop my signal off the front of the coil when using a DD coil. With the concentric you will be using the pinpoint function button. The 4.5x7 coil is a darn good coil too. Good depth and seperation.

I got it late in the season and the ground was froze, but still gave it a quick try. I was impressed at how well this coil will work. I had done a field test for a concentric for the Sovereign a couple of summers ago and I was super impressed with it as it got deep and separated coins my Explorer missed, so I had to try one for the Explorer.
I tried something with this 8 inch concentric on the Explorer SE and put in a pattern with just the top right open and did a gravel parking lot with a lot of pull tabs in it and this coil run so smooth and I could swing a lot faster then normal too and locked right on to the coins and a couple of pull tabs too.When spring get here I want to give it a real try out and let James give it a try too.
If you can get out before us I can send it to you Chris so you can see what it will do for you.

Rick

I'm not sure as this one was sent out for fieldtesting to me and I don't believe they have them in stock yet. I will have to call and find out. I know the boss is gone till Monday so I will call then for more info.

You sure wanted to get out for a while and test that Coil out for sure. That Barber Half made it all worth while even if you did freeze your hands a bit. I would have done the same thing if I had the same results. Hope you have more great Luck with that Coil in the Spring and Good Luck and HH to you. :detecting: