Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of 2012 is my favorite

I was detecting last Saturday at a place that was a fair ground but now has a rec center and baseball and football fields. had my explorer xs with the stock coil and my new to me explorer se pro with a 5 inch coil. There is a small area that still has the large old trees and probably had lots of silver taken before i started detecting. Any way, i started with the xs and the stock coil. i use an open screen on iron mask and ferrous tones. Lots of junk so i went to the small coil. Did better but only finding pennies and nickels and clad dimes. Switched back to the explorer xs with stock coil and moved closer to road and the ditch. A couple of minutes later i get a good signal top right corner and moving to middle top. i have probably seen this at home doing tests but this is the first time i have noticed this out in field. Any way i was ready for silver since its been a couple of months and I got a big surpise!!! First half dollar silver. I couldn't believe it !!!!! i have been working hard and mostly 85 percent of my silver has been dimes, with 2 quarters.

it is a 1941 faded, but still looks pretty to me. Thanks. CB

Way to go CB!! Those things don't pop up often anymore. Nice hunt and good luck on future hunts.
Bruce

Awesome find !! I would love to get me a walker!!! Congrats!!