Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of the year and a question to our resident farrier, Rick

Yes, my first silver of the year!!! Yee Haa! Snagged it at one of my favorite places that I go detecting for the past 15yrs. Had my new 505 with the 15 inch 3kHz DD coil. Sens at 16 and in disc mode 1. Got a nice signal at 36-39. Dime was a little deeper than i normally find Barbers at. Was about 4 inches+ and on its side! Haven't been out to much this year detecting but back at it on weekends till the snow falls. I really like the 505 and the way i have it set up!

Rick, i found these at another property i detect. They were down a couple inches. Are they stirrups? Can you tell by the pics I took if they are old/handmade? I was surprised to find them together.

Well all, Happy Hunting and have a great Thanksgiving!!

Emmett

Yes sir! That's exactly what those are (stirrup irons), and they are an older style that haven't been used for a long time.
I can't be positive about the method of manufacture by the pics, but it's likely that they aren't handmade. However, all extremely high quality handmade stuff is difficult to determine as such even in person. If I had to guess, based strictly on the pictures, I would have to say that they are likely 100-150 years old. I think that it's fantastic and very unusual that you actually found a PAIR!

That Barber is pretty nice too! The 3kHz coils really sniff out the high conductors. As you know, the key is to go slow and listen carefully.
Given the places that I hunt, and the targets that I seek, I've got one of my 3kHz coils on probably 90% of the time.

Great finds Emmet!! :thumbup:

Congratulations on the silver and stirrups. Nice looking barber. I have still never dug a barber. I have dug seated but no barbers.