Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver of the year and my best coin spill find to date :smile:

ShadyMechanic

Went out in Richmond Va today to a house I got permission to hunt with the hopes of the neighborhood being close enough to Cold Harbor to find some civil war goodies. I didn't find any civil war relics this time but the home site was old enough to deliver some nice finds. I dug a 1954 dime and didn't realize it until I was able to clean it up some because it was so black. The place used to be a farm so I'm guessing the fertilizer from over the years has toasted the soil. I came across my best coin spill when I cut a plug for a signal that was jumpy on the display of my ctx but my ears told me it sounded damn good and to dig it. At the bottom there lay 3 wheat pennies in the same hole in a perfect stack: 1936, 1940, 1944. In the end I dug a lot of neat items but the ones worth mentioning were the 6 wheats, 1 silver rosie, 2 tokens (sunoco antique car collector series and a minute auto laundry car wash token), 2 pendants ( lake placid new York and the Lord is my Shepard), fake gold locket with Washington DC and the nation's capital on it, and a Ruby Red Avon lipstick tube.

Nice hunt! Bet there are more goodies to be found there. Ironic that washington D.C and the capital would be represented by something that was fake!! lol.
HH Ed in co.

Yeah I'm definitely going back to that site. I only had 2 hours to dig and get a feel for the place so I was cruising right along.

Very nice assortment of finds. And possibly just the tip of the iceberg.:clapping:

sweet, nice coin spill and silver. good job. HH