Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver with Deus

Mtcooley

I got out a couple of hours today at a mid 1800's house I have pounded with the etrac and AT pro. I was in 4 kHz today for the first time. There is a lot of square nails in the ground at this location. I dug three up in the same hole as the quarter. I can't believe that I missed this 1942 quarter with the At pro and etrac. It was about 6 inches deep. It was also the first time I used full tones. I really like the 4 kHz and full tones combination on coins. I dug several clad coins as well.

Well done! Those other two machines are fine machines...but the Deus has a knack for revealing the collocated! Looking forward to more!

Nice going! My machine arrived today, so I'm looking forward to learning its language and nuances. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

Cladiator (OR) said:
Nice going! My machine arrived today, so I'm looking forward to learning its language and nuances. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures.

We look forward to your finds...and this forum is a great resource for getting your questions answered. My biggest advice (as a noob to the machine myself) is to just dig anything that sounds good. One, it'll break some old bad habits if you have any and two, it'll help you learn the machine. Good luck out there!

There is definitely something different about the full tone settings. Even XP recommends using full tone in difficult areas especially around iron.

Good job getting the silver!

May be the other two detectors missed this was due to masking or could be the silver was on edge, Regardless good job there :thumbup:

Paul (Ca)

Way to go! Only thing better then silver is gold ! Go get some gold!

4 kHz and full tones is definitely a winner, even if you've gone over an area previously using 8 or 12 kHz. Iron rejection is better, you get a slight bit more depth on silver coins, and those iffy targets are more "resolved" in 4 kHz I think. Small bits of aluminum are ignored but copper and silver targets "pop" much better vs similar sized aluminum pieces, unless its an aluminum coin or token.

So far with the Deus, 4 kHz to me is the best frequency for ferrous vs non-ferrous determination. Deep iron still gets me from tome to time, but sometimes after pulling out that large iron target there's a coin thats been hiding doesn't that is now screaming to get discovered!!!

I like the VDI spread on 4 kHz as well, most of the time its accurate enough to Identify silver from clad dimes and quarters, which is more than enough resolution than I'd ever need! But remember that co-located iron can pull down the VDI a few points. Fringe targets sometimes raise the VDI so careful with notching! The best example of this are round pulltabs at 6" will often ID like coins which is a nuisance...round pulltabs won't have consistent VDI it will be jumpy, and the audio will be a little "off" don't know how else to describe it.

Keep hunting you're bound to fond more keepers!

usace said:
Nice silver find! Read Andy's book and unlock the power of the Deus.

I have read Andy's book and I am in the process of reading it again. It is the most important accessory to buy when you get your Deus. The Deus is a very versatile machine where the push of a few buttons you can have a killer coin machine, a deep relic machine, or a excellent gold machine. The more I use the Deus the more I love it.