Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Silver with F5:clapping:

vw242

Got out today with the BH "4". $2.50 in clad and these few keepers. Ring is .925 and cross says Lourdes on the back!
Now for some gold:drinking:

Nice silver ! That looks like a big ring.

Nice to hear the little 4" coil is working for you.

HH

Mike

That's good to see vw242. I ordered BH 4" last night after reading your post about it and where you got it from. It probably won't arrive for a week or so. I hope to have some of the same luck with it on my F5 that you are having. Ron.

I had good luck today, that is for sure. I did learn that the BH or maybe it is the F5 hates power lines.
I could "feel them" at about 150ft which forced me to adjust sens and threshold. I will test the stock coil
in the same area and get back to the boards. If you can run hot it should give you some terrific finds.

Yeah, about a 1/3 oz. I almost tripped over it. Are you getting better depth with the stock coil in the
lowest disc or all metal?

I'm quite content with the disc mode. Don't have any experience with all metal to say anything about it.

HH

Mike

Well, it may just be the smaller coil, but I was trying to hunt in all metal and read the id numbers. I would hear a faint
target in all metal and look for an Id. At times I would get the single tone and a blank screen.. I began switching back and
forth between all metal and disc 00. Disc at its lowest setting will produce an Id and if tones are set to d4
the proper tone. It is nice to have a display that can be seen a mile away, but hearing the target in the trash is best for me.
BTW I am not knocking the old coinstrike, but hey this new machine is a fast sweeper with a larger screen, knobs, and hopefully some
different coil options.

vw242 I have that 4" coil (got it for my F4), but read that the F4/BH coils were only getting about half depth. What are you seeing with the 4" coil ? BTW I never had any kind of EMI issues with the F5 (and ran right next to big power lines).

I wonder how the 11" DD from the F4 will work on the F5...hmmm :)

I am running the gain >80 and the threshold <+2 depending on the EMI . It will get 4" of depth but likes to
signal "ground scores" just below the surface. Separation is as good as if not better than the C$ 5.75". As a matter
of fact, the reason I got this coil was that my 5.75" was giving me fits and Fisher only warranties them for 90 days.
I have been thinking that the frequency of the F5 (7.8 Khz) is the same as C$ (7.0-8.0 Khz). The frequency of the BH "4" is
6.8 Khz so I too wonder if the f4 (5.9 Khz) would work.