Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First silver with the Deus

pescadore

Had a great group hunt today with Robo99 and his son Zach, Martin_V3i, Tripperman79, his Dad Polecat and rem from the Friendly forum. We went to a park in a nearby town that also has a Jr. High school and a Elementary school within walking distance. We started early to try and beat the heat and it was okay for a while then the sun took over and it was too hot even in the shade !! I was really excited to see everyone and excited to get some comparative feedback on the new XP Deus. I had a nice clad day netting 12 quarters, 12 dimes, 7 nickels, and 41 pennys. The greatest find of the day though was a 1954 Washington quarter which is the first one that I have found since getting the Deus a couple of weeks ago. It was especially interesting because all of the guys except Robo99 were in one area of the park and they had found a deep target hitting as a quarter sometimes and they had dug but could not find it. They ask me to come over with the Deus and see what I thought. I went to the spot they had been digging and got a 91, 92 signal mixed in with a 95 and a 97. I told them that I could get the quarter signal but that I was also getting trash signals. I flipped over to 4Khz and made a pass or two and got a nice 82 each time I made a pass over the hole. I started cocentrating on the 82 and narrowed it down to about 2 inches to the right of their previous dig. I tod them that I think they were getting the signal but missed the target. It was showing deep so I dug down about 8 inches and out popped the silver quarter and a bottle cap from the area they were digging. I thought that it was so cool how by switching frequencies that the Deus was able to find what the CTX, the V3i, and the Garrett 350 could not. Do I have to say that I love this detector? All in all it was a close to perfect day with a great group of guys.

Can't be beat for seperation...
Good job..

HH