Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First solid GOLD ring for me!

Went to a park on Thursday that gave me the double barber quarters last year, hoping for more oldies. I was not disappointed! My buddy started with a 1920 Merc, and then I found a 1907 O barber dime deep under a visible root. Later I got another signal under another root, and it was another barber dime, 1916 plain! I got over 5 dollars in clad and then the find of the day, the 14k gold ring, with no stones in it. Must have taken a mower blade directly to the stones, no other scratches on it. Ran halfway across the park to show my friend, haha! First silver and gold for 2015. Let's hope this isn't my last gold for the year...

You had an excellent hunt. Congratulations.

Stever0812, do you live in a cold climate? One day I dug a ring with the stone missing, then I noticed that the stone was in the plug. Later I read on this forum that freezing will cause the stones to fall out. Go back to where you found the ring and take home a sample of earth from the hole for examination. The stones might be in the earth.

Very nice finds, congratulations!

Yea im in upstate ny, I thought about the dirt, but I covered the hole too well and I couldnt find it. Also, the dirt was packed in the prongs pretty tight. I think they are long gone, but thanks!

Nice gold ring:thumbup:

Great finds and good work! Getting under roots can be one heck of a B! I know I have given up on good targets before because the root won the battle. Very nice coinage and ring!

Man i love it when i get a good signal amongst those old tree roots, yes its work but its usually worth it. Wow wonder what those prongs would of held. Good Hunts All, CO

Actually the digs were rather easy, since the roots were above the ground, I dug off to the side and tunneled under. Too bad not even one stone was left to know what was in there...

That's a wonderful hunt! 2 nice old coins and some gold to round it all out. Nice hunting! HH jim tn

Sweet finds! The Barbers are gems to me!

Congrats on the great finds !

First gold...CongratZ!

1 Nice finds....
Not a complaint but he lighting reminds me of that stupid blue dress white dress thing. The coins look gold to me on that cloth....

Haha sorry thats one of those micofiber dust cloths, i figured the tight weave might look good for coin pics.