Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First swing of the year

upnorth

Good day gentlemen. The weather here has been VERY unusual and I was able to make a few recoveries. I was quite lucky in that my first swing also brought my first silver of the year.

[URL=http://s1181.photobucket.com/user/kabarbecker/media/IMG_7224_zps50a74bed.jpg.html]
IMG_7224_zps50a74bed.jpg
[/URL]

You got a nice pile of loot, but the silver dime is bonus. It's funny you mention the weather, as it has been unusually warm in Edmonton to, and I also did my first dirt hunt in the woods, and go figure, I also got my first silver dime of the year. I'll post my hunt later.

Yes, but just a boring modern. I love marbles but I prefer the older swirls.

John-Edmonton said:
You got a nice pile of loot, but the silver dime is bonus. It's funny you mention the weather, as it has been unusually warm in Edmonton to, and I also did my first dirt hunt in the woods, and go figure, I also got my first silver dime of the year. I'll post my hunt later.

I saw that, how funny. But I suppose that we are opportunistic in this hobby, particularly with a cold northern climate. I remember when I got my first machine, an ACE 250. Some folks were kind of slamming me for finding clad with my ''yeller feller''. It was the butt of subtle jokes, but even then I knew what was going on and how my beginner machine was a borderline joke to some. Then that spring I found a very old religious medallion under a conifer on an old school grounds, and it all opened up for me. Then the fish scales and large cents etc. started popping up, and I moved on to Mounted Police relics with some really unique pieces appearing, and the ACE slams disappeared. After that I got into fur trade relics from the 1700's but I needed a deeper machine. I sold off my little ACE last year to a farm wife for a hundred bucks. It was a little worn and grip chewed etc. but still a solid machine. It must still be fine as I never heard a peep from the woman again. Sometimes I kind of wish that I still had that simple but fun machine. No it is no depth demon, but it is fun, which is what the hobby is all about for most of us. I will never slam that old ACE 250.

Leslie(nova scotia) said:
Love the smell of silver in the winter!

It certainly beats week old dog sausage in the summer. I swear that they get more hideous with some aging before being stepped on. :wacko: