Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Test Run With My F70 :wiggle:

farmer85j said:
That really is a lot of nickles. For me it is rare to dig a nickle always trash when i try so i give up on those signals probably why i have only dug one gold ring.
I have entire years where I only found three or four nickels, but during those years I ran the discrimination well above them looking for the higher conductive coins, trying to dig nickels was way worse than looking for that needle in a hay field LoL! But, if I can get the F70 into some other areas and do as well with the nickels then my nickel count will increase at lest 90% maybe more.

The two pictures below is the first two days I hunted the field I tested the F70 in. That one larger coin is a modern Dollar coin, this would be the typical clad hunts for me for a very long time! check out the nickel count. They're were so many higher conductive coins that my thinking was just get them first then later go back and shoot for the nickels. This is the first two days. (I have pictures of every day I've hunted this field)

Mark

Now here is a couple of pictures of the last two days I hunted the field before I got the F70 and I was working on finding the nickels, both days!
So, when I say I am amazed with the F70 and its love for nickels, I really mean it.

Mark

REVIER said:
Fantastic first outing with this thing, it was a good choice for your skills and that will grow as you get to know it better.
I assume you were in 3H or 4H tones, all the tone settings will hit on nickels but when they come in high you really notice them.
I always found a ton of nickels with anything I swung, but with this thing in 4H my usual nickel average total soared and I also picked up a couple nickel area gold rings surrounded by trash because I noticed that high tone instantly.

I use short quick side to side swipes with the target in the center of the coil, (there is a small circle just past the rod connection), to try to get all targets to stay within a 3 number jump.
For instance nickels might be a 30-31 or 30-32, when they jump more than that or change to a different set of numbers when hit from a 90 degree angle I usually find the target is trash.
Using this observation I can avoid most of those sta tabs because they usually jump more than 3 numbers but not all.
Shallow or laying flat in relation to the top of the ground and the coil they could be stable so I still dig all of those.
On mine 31 is my usual nickel number but I have found them a bit lower and several at 32 in the past.
Sta tabs for me are usually 33-34 but of course they also could differ from norm, still most of the time I see 33-34 on the screen I usually dig a sta tab.
Another trash target that mimics nickels almost exactly are certain size small pieces of can slaw that are also laying flat in the ground.
Irregular shaped slaw usually jumps, if it is not laying flat at angle it also jumps but I dig a lot of the solid stuff...more than I ever did with my F2 because the F70 seems to lock onto this sort of target better.
I dig all those solid targets in the entire nickel, tabs, lower zinc and foil from 23 on up because I am always looking for gold even if I can make a pretty good guess about trash targets which is possible with the F70 because it gives some pretty repetitive and solid info about certain garbage like those sta tabs.

I predict you will be amazed at what this thing will be able to tell you with just a bit more time.

Thanks for the input! I checked my settings and I was running 3 tone, so next time out I'll give the 3H tone a shot. I'll probably do a few air test with the 3H tones to get a bit of a feel for the new nickel sound.

Mark

Along with the CZ's, the F 70/75 are terrific nickel finders when using 3h tones. A folded tab tale will fool the F, but the rest of the tabs are more bouncy or register higher or lower then a nickel. A nickel with some depth on my 75 will bounce a little, but lots of 30/31 shows up. Fun to break in a new machine and have results. :thumbup: HH jim tn

A deepish nickel at 5" or more may drop into the 28s on my TID when running soft settings like I do, and the tone is softer on account of the modulated audio, still, no mistake its a deeper nickel kind of target...

The 11" dd sure likes to put them right in the sweet spot under the coil too...very tight profile...thats why when a guy cant stab a solid 'nickel' right away, its probably a folded tab, or possibly a gold ring..Its sure fun watching you learn your new machine Mark!

You are doing really well and we are all here learning from your posts!:clapping:
Mud.

jim tn said:
Along with the CZ's, the F 70/75 are terrific nickel finders when using 3h tones. A folded tab tale will fool the F, but the rest of the tabs are more bouncy or register higher or lower then a nickel. A nickel with some depth on my 75 will bounce a little, but lots of 30/31 shows up. Fun to break in a new machine and have results. :thumbup: HH jim tn
Notice my user name "MarkCZ" well when I first starting on the forum I had a CZ7a Pro, and all the time I had I thought it was supposed to be a nickel getter, it even had the upper nickel range, but I never did any good with it on nickels, it did everything else fine :shrug:

Mark

Sounds like you are going to like the F70. I was very interested in reading your post because I have recently begun using the F70 also. I have had mine for about three weeks, have about 25 hours on it. It came with the F75 coil. It is definitely a nickel getter, 31 or 32 are strong nickel numbers for me. So far, besides some clad, I have found a '64 rosie, a '66 Canadian dime ( 80% silver), and two silver rings. One ring was quite small, the other was a chunky MEX band type ring. It gave me a beautiful 90, 91 signal, very stable numbers ( for a change ). I thought I might be over a clad half because it wasn't deep, about 2 inches. It was a nice surprise to see the silver ring. The light weight and long battery life of the F70 are very nice and it is also very nice to have some very knowledgeable mentors to help us along our journey. Thanks you guys very much !

Here's a tip for you. My last time out with the F70, I dug four very iffy targets. Crappy audio, different numbers flashing on the screen. I thought about passing them by, but I saw my nickel numbers 31, 32, flash on the screen and decided to check it out. Three out of four times it was a nickel ! Fourth time was a pulltab. I thought that was very impressive !

I was also very interested in your comments about the CZ7a Pro. Or maybe I should say I was a little confused and bewildered. Our winter here in the Northwest was mild ( sorry guys ), so I was hunting a few times in January and a lot in Feb. March and April. I was primarily using my new to me CZ7aPro. Since I only notched out iron, I was hearing everything else, which is what I wanted because I was hoping to find some gold jewelry. I did end up finding a nice 14k ring with diamonds, and I was finding nickels, a lot of nickels. Most of my time was spent at three sports fields that are close to my house. When I saw you post about your results with the CZ7aPro, I couldn't hardly believe it. Only 3 or 4 nickels in a whole year ? So I counted my nickels and I am at 171 so far for 2015. 36 were found with my F70, 16 with my CZ3d which I used about 5 times, and all the rest were found with the CZ7a Pro (119 nickels). I was very impressed with how often it said I was over a nickel and that's what it was. Yes, it was fooled once in a while by a pulltab or part of a pulltab and many times by those pesky metal bands around pencil erasers. But several times I smiled and chuckled and said to myself, this CZ7aPro is great at finding the nickels ! .

I think the F70 might be a better nickel getter than the CZ7aPro. They both seem to do a good job. I am liking the 3H tones for now, nice to have that high tone alert for nickels. Good luck to you and your brother with that nickel competition !