Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Texas Products

Rivermarine1

I read TeslaFan's posting about the Bounty Hunter Platinum and found his information interesting. Now, can someone enlighten the newbie!

Bounty Hunter Platinum, Bounty Hunter Time Ranger, Titan 3000, Teknetics T2: Then throw in the Fisher products for fun. From what I know, these are all First Texas products. If I am wrong please tell me. What is First Texas doing? I have read about most of these because I am looking to upgrade from a Sharpshooter II. Can't they make up their mind on what they are manufacturing or what? I just want a good dependable unit. Am I mixing apples and oranges? Would appreciate some feedback. :surprised::surrender:

It is First Texas's messed up marketing scheme...They market a number of different names of detectors, all made under the main name of First Texas Products....They market with Cabellas, Wal-Mart, Dicks Sporting Goods, Radio Shack, Costco, Amazon.com, Bass Pro Shops, etc. and each store has it's own name and style for each detector. Hence, the Sharp Shooter II and the Pioneer 505 being almost identical in function, or the Pioneer 202 and the Quick Draw II being about the same...The Discovery series is in a class all it's own, and I think sometimes, that Radio Shack, with it's electronic knowledge, was the ones who got the detectors to be balanced (best features for your dollar). I still feel that First Texas needs to market their products more with Specialized Dealers who know the Detectors and how to use them...

HH,

BH-LandStar

Well from what I can tell First Texas Products makes everything from garbage to some really decent rigs under a variety of product names! The name they are most well known for is Bounty Hunter! Now they purchased Fisher which I think is a big mistake since I am almost sure they will run the name into the ground if they try to market it the way they have their other lines! Even though they have left a sour taste in my mouth with how they are handleing the Fisher line theyseem to be doing a good job with their BOunty Hunter line and their Teknetics Line. I thnk one problem is that for themost part they have the idea int heir head that they can just use "Badge Engineering" ! What I mean is that they are used to putting a slightly different face plate on a unit and a different name and they know have a new product. that has worked for them for a long time with their lower level models and the outlet stores they have sold through in the past. Now they finaly have some really solid units in the upper crust of their Bounty Hunter line and their Teknetics line. The problem though is that they are trying to just make clones for the Fisher Line based onthese and it is not going to work for all the die hard old school Fisher owners! They are not supporting the older stuff or their warranties. So they are alienateing Fisher owners and user's. I am sure that preety soon all that will remain of the Fisher 1200 line will be the name and maybe the old case layout but the electronics are surely going to be replaced with cheaper designs from the First Texas Product's line up! It will not take long for people to realise that the are not getting what they paid for in the new Fisher products and this is going to make their name "MUD". Which will basicly defeat the purpose of purchaseing Fisher for their name! While I have a BOunty Hunter in the mail as we speak it is probably 25 years old or more! I would not hesitate to buy a modern Bounty Hunter but not if I wanted a Fisher! Bounty Hunter does not make anything that can hang with the old Fisher Line Up in terms of performance, reliability,durability,warranty or build quality!

So if you want a Bounty Hunter get one just stick with their high end stuff! If you want a Teknetics get one nothing but good reviews. If you want a Fisher I would think twice since it is hard to tell how long anything you buy today is going to be serviced by them and what the build quality will be etc..... I am doing what a lot of Fisher fans are doing and that is moveing over to Tesoro.

The LandRanger and TimeRanger from BH get consistently good reviews! The Teknetics T2 gets consistently great reviews these are First Texas Products so consider those!