Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time cz3d owner wondering if the f75 compares

Just bought a elpaso built non Tom tuned cz3d. Looking forward to getting some decent weather to get out an use it! I was actually looking into a f75 when I came across this cz. Is there any of the 3d built into the f75? Any reason to keep looking for a f75 now? I have a mxt pro a safari and atpro that all have their places I guess I just always heard so much good about the cz3d an the f75 that I wanted to try them both. Anybody prefer one over the other? Thank you!

With all the detectors you own i don't think an f75 is going to make much of a difference to your finds rates.Stick with what you have and just enjoy the experience of using the cz3........it's so called "old technology" but it will still bring home the bacon just as well as a lot of the latest machines.

The F75 is a really good detector (as is the 3D), but the 3D and F75 are two entirely different breed of horses.
The 75 has better ergonomics, and is very sensitive in cleaner ground, and especially areas with little or no EMI...but it is a single freq detector.
The 3D is multi-frequency, works better in most bad ground, and tends to be one of the very best detectors in bad EMI conditions.
Depth wise, the 3D is as good (or better) than any VLF made today.
Get out, and use it!
...And don't forget to have fun!
:)
mike

Pay attention to sweep speed. F75 likes high sweep speeds the entire CZ series like to go easy and likes a slower sweep. With the CZ I've found it very worthwhile to walk around a target and sweep from different directions while listening to the audio .. the walk around while sweeping the target helps ID iron and better unmask a good target from nearby iron.

Just bought a elpaso built non Tom tuned cz3d. Looking forward to getting some decent weather to get out an use it! I was actually looking into a f75 when I came across this cz. Is there any of the 3d built into the f75? Any reason to keep looking for a f75 now? I have a mxt pro a safari and atpro that all have their places I guess I just always heard so much good about the cz3d an the f75 that I wanted to try them both. Anybody prefer one over the other? Thank you!
The stat mode on the F-75 is a cannon and is P.i. deep: the disc mode on the F-75 is superior in high trash areas, and there is a method to correctly identifying bottlecaps 100%
if they are a problem to you also. Do not use any discrimination on the CZ because doing so makes it false on iron at the loop edge on sweep and at times on nails: use the tones
and meter to i.d, If you get a deep high coin signal/i.d. and it pinpoints about 2" off from where the X is in discriminate, it is a near vertical nail. The CZ disc is far deeper than the F-75 disc
but the Stat mode will hit a nickel at 18" in the air: the downside is that stat hits everything and you must watch the meter (but it has no recovery speed to worry about so you can hold it over
a target and move it as slow or fast as you want.) LOTS of aftermarket DD loops for this unit, as BIG as you can handle. I do not like the stock 11" loop for the F-75; I use a Nel Storm and a Fisher 10" concentric.
(Tom does not do any "super tuning" he just tunes to factory specs, which is complicated.)

With all the detectors you own i don't think an f75 is going to make much of a difference to your finds rates.Stick with what you have and just enjoy the experience of using the cz3........it's so called "old technology" but it will still bring home the bacon just as well as a lot of the latest machines.
What's the 'happs' Neil? Been out with your Nexus, DMC-2B or T-2 lately?:ukflag:
:cheers::detecting:

What's the 'happs' Neil? Been out with your Nexus, DMC-2B or T-2 lately?:ukflag:
:cheers::detecting:
I haven't done any land fishing for quite a while now since moving back to the coast,the only detectors I now own are a c scope 1220xd,a saxon sm45,a minelab sovereign gt and a seahunter mk2.In fact I haven't done much detecting at all because I'm usually too knackered with work.
Need to get down the beach soon as it is now getting busier with grockles (tourists) so there may be some decent finds soon.

I haven't done any land fishing for quite a while now since moving back to the coast,the only detectors I now own are a c scope 1220xd,a saxon sm45,a minelab sovereign gt and a seahunter mk2.In fact I haven't done much detecting at all because I'm usually too knackered with work.
Need to get down the beach soon as it is now getting busier with grockles (tourists) so there may be some decent finds soon.
GOOD GRIEF!!! All those great detectors you had are gone? Did the detecting grinch visit you? :blowup:Seahunter mk 2 when the Impulse Aq has now invaded Europe......it is unbelievable. Steve Herschbach, really likes the new Garrett Axiom too, but it more edged at prospecting but still good at the beach (and you live at Detecting Central.) Is the Saxon ferr/non ferr??? (Ever hear from Georgi?) :buds:

Alas,they are no more,miss the days of the Nautilus most of all and my beach hunter id.Still do well with the Sovereign and the seahunter so don't really take much notice of the latest machines......they are deep enough for me.The Saxon is a simple machine made by Essex metal detectors with just a discrimination knob and sensitivity knob.......total simplicity,also has an all metal/discrimination toggle.Not a deep machine by any means but the discrimination is very good and it does extremely well on old harbours.....for a single frequency machine it handles the saltwater extremely well and its good on inland sites that have a lot of iron.Im a bit long in the tooth as far as the latest high tech goes.........lost a bit of interest now there aren't good old knobs and switches machines being sold much anymore.😁

Alas,they are no more,miss the days of the Nautilus most of all and my beach hunter id.Still do well with the Sovereign and the seahunter so don't really take much notice of the latest machines......they are deep enough for me.The Saxon is a simple machine made by Essex metal detectors with just a discrimination knob and sensitivity knob.......total simplicity,also has an all metal/discrimination toggle.Not a deep machine by any means but the discrimination is very good and it does extremely well on old harbours.....for a single frequency machine it handles the saltwater extremely well and its good on inland sites that have a lot of iron.Im a bit long in the tooth as far as the latest high tech goes.........lost a bit of interest now there aren't good old knobs and switches machines being sold much anymore.😁
You gave up the vaunted T-2? Though it was your go to detector and you had done the best with it? I had a DMC-2B but the last hurricane took it (they are now as rare as a signed LOTR 1st edition.):hot:
You do not like any of the new ML Noxs, Manticore, or the NM Legend? (I have 3 different CZ's but Fisher has no parts so I'll be looking soon: any feedback?) The Beach Hunter i.d, is common used and cheap but most
like an Excal/Sovereign or CZ here in US. (Old Beech Nut who I've known for years uses a Excal w/13"Ultimate & aftermarket headset and he hunts full time and does great):bouncy:
It took me 3 months to learn the V3i but was never really comfortable with it and programming aside it did not offer that much, and Whites put their future in it and it sank them as most could not figure it out, so
I'm with you on analog too.:buds:

I looked: The Essex Saxon X-1 is one I've been eyeing for years, what is the frequency? I like Georgi's metered Nexus too. :cheers:

The frequency of the sm45 is around 14khz I believe but dont know about the X1.I believe the X1 was popular in Europe but its quite a heavy machine and takes a bit of learning,very deep though apparently.......I wouldn't mind trying one as I'm impressed with the 45.

The stat mode on the F-75 is a cannon and is P.i. deep: the disc mode on the F-75 is superior in high trash areas, and there is a method to correctly identifying bottlecaps 100%
if they are a problem to you also. Do not use any discrimination on the CZ because doing so makes it false on iron at the loop edge on sweep and at times on nails: use the tones
and meter to i.d, If you get a deep high coin signal/i.d. and it pinpoints about 2" off from where the X is in discriminate, it is a near vertical nail. The CZ disc is far deeper than the F-75 disc
but the Stat mode will hit a nickel at 18" in the air: the downside is that stat hits everything and you must watch the meter (but it has no recovery speed to worry about so you can hold it over
a target and move it as slow or fast as you want.) LOTS of aftermarket DD loops for this unit, as BIG as you can handle. I do not like the stock 11" loop for the F-75; I use a Nel Storm and a Fisher 10" concentric.
(Tom does not do any "super tuning" he just tunes to factory specs, which is complicated.)
What is the method for correctly identifying bottle caps, please ?