Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time ever with metal detector

Johnho

First off let me say thanks to all of you for posting your comments about the AT Pro. My first detector was purchased from New England Detectors and Andrew was great to deal with, even with some problems. How you handle problems is what it is all about and he did a great job. Along with the AT i also got a Garrett Propointer and that Leshe digging too-more on that thing later.

How anyone can hunt without that Propointer is beyond me. My first time I decided to go to an area in Daytona Beach where I knew they had a lot of booths set up in the grass for Bike Week. I suspected a lot of trash and it was sure there. I used it in the Standard Mode to try and learn this thing a little. I only took about an hour and had a ball. All the stuff I dug looked just like the dirt so the Propointer was a real time saver.

Ok what did I find the first time out. Well, I had fun. I found two bottle caps, two pull tabs and 3 pennies. Ok not great. But I got the bug now.

Now to that Leshe digger thing. It works great just like everyone said. Cuts right through the St. Augustine grass root system with little effort. BUT, I learned something interesting. I am right handed so use it in my right hand. No problem. BUT, I really learned not to put my left hand near that thing when digging. Those darn serrated teeth will jump right out to get your index finger. It will tear that finger up for sure. Why didn't you guys tell me about that? :rofl:

Anyway, thanks again for all your comments. You put me in a great detector.

John

Welcome to metal detecting John. You have some great equipment to start with. Now all it takes is getting out there and finding some coins or ???? Enjoy your new hobby.... Happy Trails .....Z

[size=large]bought my non-garrett machine from New England and Andrew went all out. especially on the price of the machine. very friendly guy. knows
what customer service is about. i'll be going to him for my next machine.

HH[/size]