Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Hunting On The Right Side Of The Country

unearth

After three years I finally made it to my friends house in Boyertown, PA. I've never hunted east coast farm fields before being I'm a So. Cal. boy and usually hunt beaches. I have to say hunting area's with lots of iron in the ground was quite challenging. My friends really helped me out with the iron, but I still dug plenty of it. Here are some pics of my better finds. 1771 or 1777 King George III half penny (may be a Machin Mills of New York copy), 18th century stirrup, double ended grandfather clock key, horse rein guide and an 18th or 19th century pendant. Also found, but not shown, an 1895 Indian Head penny, mule shoe, some square nails and some other misc. items.
I have to say digging where there is a lot of iron in the ground, compared to beach hunting, is going to take some time getting used to!

It’s a challenge to say the least,the faint of heart just walk away. EVERY site no matter what has it to varying degrees...good job so far!

I know Western PA has some very nice finds in everywhere I have hunted.. Nice recoveries..

Nice finds! I'm not far from Boyertown, I'm down in Reading. About 30 minutes away.