Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out F2 Gold:fisher:

Went out yesterday with my son's new F2, I have been itching to use it since he got it. I hit a new park I have never been to that must get cherry picked over because the only coins I got were pennies and nickels. How great is the F2? I love it, not just because I found gold either. It responds soooo quick it's amazing. Seems like the faster you swing the coil the better. didn't even use the pinpoint button, it is dead on right in the center of the coil. I didn't rely on the number display or tones either, not my thing. I go by hearing but I did notice that depending on depth you will get different tones and numbers, as long as I got a good repeatable signal I was digging. I don't know how much trash iron was around but I had it notched out and only dug 3 bottle caps that were distorted from their regular shape and sounded like pennies, they were all colt 45 quart bottle caps too. This machine locks on to nickels and tabs and doesn't let go, I had a good feeling about hitting gold with it. I dug several targets at a measured 8-9". The soil was pretty damp I know that affects depth but that's what it was on this day. Thanks for looking.
Glenn

This is great news, I bought F2 too. Lite, simple, effective and low cost......a winning combo in my book! Looking forward to hearing more about the new F-5 and F-70 as Fisher seems to be on a roll. good luck, Stephen

great finds!..thanks for sharing!..i have the f2,and am anxious for field reports concerning it's performance!..i will be getting out shortly,and am happy by what i am hearing so far!.it seems like it may be one hell of a coin snapper!..i thought it would have great separation,and it appears to be so!..i believe the detector has the right tools,along with a super quick processor!..numerical id,along with accurate tones, coupled with the 4" coil in heavy trash should be a knockout combination!
congratulations on the gold "hit!"..

(h.h!)
j.t.

the amazing point about the f2 is it HAS the tones,number id,and apparently is NOT affected by sweep speed!..this is a good thing because the processor separates so quickly from target to target,that it is not necessary to slow down,AND get adequate depth!..if he is getting down 8-9" on coins,then you really do have it all in a lightweight,well balanced package,and at a price point that gets 'er done!..what's NOT to like?..early reports seem to indicate that you really do NOT need to spend more!..to tell the truth,the ONLY feature that is missing is MAYBE a ground balance control,HOWEVER if the ground you are hunting is low to moderate minerals,(which it is here in new england!),then you don't need that either,especially if you ARE getting down 8-9 " in depth!..MOST of your good stuff is at the 6" to surface level any way in heavy trash!..it's just been walked over in the past because of "masking"

(h.h!)
j.t.

congrats on the wilver!..just another reminder to check for additional targets in the same hole...sounds like the f2 is gonna be a little "nut buster"...the word is out!

(h.h!)
j.t.

Nice find on the gold! :clapping:

I have the F4 (F2's big brother) and I think for the money it's really a nice detector. Lot's of coils available (and inexpensive), light weight, and all the TID info at your fingertips, tones, the works. I'm curious to see what improvements the F5 brings to the table, but for $200 the F2 is a heck of a deal IMO.

Hey everyone,
Thanks for looking and the nice replies, I don't want to be misleading so be reminded if you read my post you will see that I didn't rely on the tone ID or number ID, I don't know how accurate this system is and I never used a machine with this system. I tried it but it just seemed to slow me down. The numbers move around(within their range) and as far as the tones go I got some of what I will call a "dual tone", on some targets I got a high signal as the coil went over the target from right to left and then a mid tone when the coil passed over from left to right. Most of the deeper hits were on the nickels '64 and '64D and the old beaver tails pictured. I had iron notched out and dug every repeatable signal even if it was a dual tone signal as described above. I also only dug 3 bottle caps and for some reason they were all mis-shaped, all Colt 45 and all big caps you would find on a 40 oz. bottle. I was using the 8inch coil.

I could see a new user getting confused or frustrated with the machine if they are relying on the numbers and tones.

If I was to write the manual it would be one page and it would say Turn on the machine, turn sens up to max, notch out iron, dig all repeatable signals regardless of the tone and enjoy making money with all the gold you are going to find:rofl:
I like this machine a lot.

Glenn