Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time out in 2011

Dustyroundup

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Howdy ,
Well, I just couldnt take it anymore, I "HAD" to take the MXT out.
I got in the truck and headed up the road, snow everywhere of course.
As Im driving , I see that the road cuts facing south are bare, and its all glacial till river rock, high bench type , so I decide to look for GOLD in Prospect mode.
But , it was too froze .
All the skiiers headin to the ski hill are passin by and I'm slippin around a steep bank with a metal detector, and my business truck is parked close by, with my business signs advertising who I am.
Its a small town here, so i guess I got some good advertising.
Because I'm sure they were talking about ,
"That goofy horseshoer metal detecting on steep frozen road cut banks, in 19 degrees and the wind was a blowin."
And , this isnt a known gold producing area, so I'm sure they would be wondering what the heck it was I was looking for?
Lesson learned , That road has ALOT of traffic on the weekend.

I did see an old foundation in my travels, and ran home and looked it up on the Cadastral maps, and found that it is owned by Fish, Wildlife and Parks.
Cool, I have permission from them .
So I went back, it was way too cold to be out for more than 5 min's.(WIND CHILL)It was bare but frozen ground.
I did a quick run through with the MXT, and the area seems unhunted , as I got alot of dime to quarter hits.
So, I found a new spot, that seems to have potential.
It was a good day.

Good Luck to you all
Happy Hunting
Dusty

That sure does sound like a good day. Free advertising and a spot to hunt when it gets warmer. Sound promising Dusty. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. HH and stay warm out there, Nancy