Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out recommendations?

First of all, thank you so much for your responses and input on the V3i. I ended up getting a STEAL on a used v3i with the detech ultimate coil and 6x10 whites football coil. I just purchased a wireless setup, so I'm excited to get out there and see what all I can learn.

I'm debating going coin shooting first, in an old park with lots of trash. Can slaw, bottle caps, screw caps, beaver tails, etc. Not much iron that I can remember though. ANY SUGGESTIONS for dealing with these junk items? If I remember my research, the polar plot can help alot with the lines being nice and tight and the higher frequency being dominant on these junk items. AM I correct here? As to vdi numbers, I'm sure what I airtest, will be different than what it gives me in the ground.

Do you use correlate or best data? What filter do you recommend using? 10.0 filter frequency for starters?

ANY and all suggestions are greatly appreciated! :)

Thank you soooooooo much,
Bubba a.k.a. David

When I got my new V3i, I just ran stock programs. I figured that I should learn the basics of the detector before adjust/tweaking any settings. Happy hunting.

I would suggest reading the manual, then taking it with you and trying the different options to get familiar with them. If you just want to hunt, pick a preset, put the 6x10 on and have fun.

The trick is to get the machine stable without false signals I started with the 10 band. But now I'm using the 5 with a much slower sweep. Regardless of filter keep the rx lower to start maybe 7 or 8 that should make for a quiet machine and a pleasant first hunt

Postal, I agree now 100 percent. I know that I am still new to the unit, and I'll have to check my settings again later, but I SET IT UP pretty sweet yesterday for a quiet, stable deep coin program and a CW relic program.

I find that the RX setting has Soooooooo much to do with stability, as it compared to my XLT and the pre amp gain settings.

PostalTwo said:
The trick is to get the machine stable without false signals I started with the 10 band. But now I'm using the 5 with a much slower sweep. Regardless of filter keep the rx lower to start maybe 7 or 8 that should make for a quiet machine and a pleasant first hunt