Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with manticore I’m impressed!!

Mark kus

I sold my 900 to a close friend and that detector was no slouch i found around 50 silver coins with it since December!
And my new machine came yesterday and I headed right out to my local beach and hit same areas i recently hit with my D2 and first thing I noticed was how super stable the minelab is and deep I was hitting coins Dow 14”+ and they were clear signals my D2 was falsing a lot on the iron but I did find 4 silvers with it on two different beaches I’m not knocking the D2 it’s just not my preference for a beach detector here’s one interesting find I’m sure there will be plenty more I used I think beach general can’t wait to get in the water find some gold hopefully…And a big thanks to Mike “Sube” for selling me the manticore…
HH
Mark

Attachments

• 21458D6D-D3CC-4635-B26A-A21CF4C7CE45.jpeg
    21458D6D-D3CC-4635-B26A-A21CF4C7CE45.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 90
I sold my 900 to a close friend and that detector was no slouch i found around 50 silver coins with it since December!
And my new machine came yesterday and I headed right out to my local beach and hit same areas i recently hit with my D2 and first thing I noticed was how super stable the minelab is and deep I was hitting coins Dow 14”+ and they were clear signals my D2 was falsing a lot on the iron but I did find 4 silvers with it on two different beaches I’m not knocking the D2 it’s just not my preference for a beach detector here’s one interesting find I’m sure there will be plenty more I used I think beach general can’t wait to get in the water find some gold hopefully…And a big thanks to Mike “Sube” for selling me the manticore…
HH
Mark
Cool, can't quite make it ?? Congrats on the Manticore Mark kus. I hope you have as much if not more success as you did with your Equinox's. I'm still on the fence as far as getting one. The proprietary headphones, the rollout with the dealers and the fact they claimed the extra coils would be ready along with the release of the machine are all bones of contention with me. Meanwhile they crank out new models. To me it looks like Minelab doesn't care about its dealers or the Manticore owners. Sorry for the rant. Again congrats and good luck. Mark

Is that like a baggage or shipping tag? Neat find!!

Cool, can't quite make it ?? Congrats on the Manticore Mark kus. I hope you have as much if not more success as you did with your Equinox's. I'm still on the fence as far as getting one. The proprietary headphones, the rollout with the dealers and the fact they claimed the extra coils would be ready along with the release of the machine are all bones of contention with me. Meanwhile they crank out new models. To me it looks like Minelab doesn't care about its dealers or the Manticore owners. Sorry for the rant. Again congrats and good luck. Mark
I completely agree with you Mark Minelab completely dropped the ball on the release of the manticore.
And I waited to find one lucky Mike on forums offered one for sale so I grabbed it.
The coils don’t bother me that much as I have my D2 with the 9” which is a grate setup I just prefer minelabs for beach and water use …
Mark

Not bad for the depth you were getting. That’s only 2 digits up from factory setting. My soil is more mineralized and have to run sensitivity up almost to 30.
I am very impressed and yesterday I hit this beach which is just 2 minutes from my home and I was digging a lot of coins up no silver but the manticore was nailing small I mean tiny pieces of round aluminum that I had a hard time finding with my pin pointer there should be some silver here and possibly gold .. look how much sand was moved back after the winter storms !
Mark

Attachments

• B889D5A2-5EDB-47A2-9612-A15CDFBE0D98.jpeg
    B889D5A2-5EDB-47A2-9612-A15CDFBE0D98.jpeg
    215.9 KB · Views: 48
  • A8BB8EC7-74C4-4C09-BEF2-B4B6F3EA166C.jpeg
    A8BB8EC7-74C4-4C09-BEF2-B4B6F3EA166C.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 51
Congrats on the acquisition - I like mine too. (y). Lots to learn and eager for spring which has been pushed back in my neck of the woods. Somebody in the vicinity of the "SNOW" button heard there was a 3 decades long drought in the Western United States and pressed it so hard it broke in the ON position. Here in Utah, we have more snowpack than has EVER been recorded. And still counting. Great for the reservoirs, lakes, streams, aquifers and such. But it makes getting a coil over the dirt tough.

Glad you're getting out. Look forward to more posts in the immediate future.

UtahRich

Congrats on the acquisition - I like mine too. (y). Lots to learn and eager for spring which has been pushed back in my neck of the woods. Somebody in the vicinity of the "SNOW" button heard there was a 3 decades long drought in the Western United States and pressed it so hard it broke in the ON position. Here in Utah, we have more snowpack than has EVER been recorded. And still counting. Great for the reservoirs, lakes, streams, aquifers and such. But it makes getting a coil over the dirt tough.

Glad you're getting out. Look forward to more posts in the immediate future.

UtahRich
Thanks Rich I hope it melts quick for you Rich yes this machine has a lot to use on it! But it’s such a nice stable detector on the beaches I hunt not like the ones down south mine are all filled with red black sand iron and it’s nice to turn on and just go with nothing but GB maybe and noise canceling.
Good luck
Mark

I am very impressed and yesterday I hit this beach which is just 2 minutes from my home and I was digging a lot of coins up no silver but the manticore was nailing small I mean tiny pieces of round aluminum that I had a hard time finding with my pin pointer there should be some silver here and possibly gold .. look how much sand was moved back after the winter storms !
Mark
Nice to have a go to spot like that. Ground here is still stiff from all the cold weather, hard to get through the clay etc. so digging is tough.