Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with my new GT

mick

First, let me say thank you to all of you who have shared info on this forum I have been lurking for a while learning from all the great information that has been posted. A buddy suggested I get a Sovereign saying it would be a good beach machine. I picked one up a few weeks ago and have been reading and trying to get as much info as possible. I'm glad I listened to him.

Monday I took my 6 year old and headed to the beach. I am new to beach detecting and this is my first coin/relic machine. I followed the basic settings you all suggested and in no time I was up and running. My third target was the smaller of the two rings. Ok, beginners luck

n/t

n/t

If you chose the sov GT as your first machine for beach hunting IMO you made the perfect choice and did a good job on researching your detector purchase and/or got good advice.

If you ever get the chance try out a lower or even mid range single frequency VLF detector on the beach. Especially the wet sand at waters edge. I think you will be amazed at just how poorly these other machines perform in this area when compared to your sov and any misgivings about the money spent on the sov will be permanently erased if they have not been already.

Thanks. I have a bit of a leg up. A while back I bought a GP3000 and have been hunting gold successfully for the last 4 years. So I guess I come to the game with a good steady swing and some experience at listening to a threshold. But that