Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with new V3I

Trance

Just purchased a V3i and took it out today for about 3 hours. I was really impressed. The 3 frequencies and all the info it gives you is great. Here are my finds. The smaller ring is silver and the larger one is Titanium. [attachment 341518 20170219_161315_resized_1.jpg]

Very nice! Looks like you figured out your new V3i. It's really not as complicated as many people say, just take it easy with all the settings until you get them figured out over time. It's a vert powerful detector. Like you said, the 3 frequency pinpoint is awesome.

First outing with mine also today, sooo much easier to operate and set up than the dfx I had, really a pleasure to use can't wait to get out again!

Wait to see pictures of your finds when you get the hang of it. They'll be early silver, IHP's Barbers and seated

I haven't messed with the settings yet. Everything I found was using the factory coin and jewelry program. I do like all of the features it has that tell you about the target and the id seems to be really accurate. I think I'll stick with the factory programs for a while and then start making small changes to improve depth. My other detector is an XP so the weight will take some getting used to. Thinking about purchasing a battery pack from RNB Innovations. From what I've read they last much longer than the factory rechargeable and might knock a little bit of weight off. Does anyone have one of these they can comment on and are they worth the $150?

Used my factory orange one, it stayed at 9.6 volts for the last 2 hrs of my hunt. Ran it for 4hrs, guessing i could've gotten 6hrs out of it, don't know how fast the voltage drops.

Used my factory orange one, it stayed at 9.6 volts for the last 2 hrs of my hunt. Ran it for 4hrs, guessing i could've gotten 6hrs out of it, don't know how fast the voltage drops.

Thinking about getting the RNB HP-3100 battery and a Detech 13" Ultimate Coil. From what I've read it sounds like the coil is an upgrade over the factory D2 and will knock a little weight off while being better balanced. The battery will last longer and shave a little weight off of the other end. Sounds like a win win combination. Any thoughts before I pull the trigger? We just got snow here in Colorado and the temps dropped 20-30 degrees so probably won't be able to get out detecting for at least another week. Crossing my finger it warms up soon.

Trance said:
Thinking about getting the RNB HP-3100 battery and a Detech 13" Ultimate Coil. From what I've read it sounds like the coil is an upgrade over the factory D2 and will knock a little weight off while being better balanced. The battery will last longer and shave a little weight off of the other end. Sounds like a win win combination. Any thoughts before I pull the trigger? We just got snow here in Colorado and the temps dropped 20-30 degrees so probably won't be able to get out detecting for at least another week. Crossing my finger it warms up soon.

Depends on what you want to do. The Ultimate 13" is a great coil, but it is still big and hangs up on stuff other than manicured grass. For deep coins in parks and yards when there isn't a ton if trash, it's perfect. That's what I use on my V3i when I'm looking for the deep stuff.

Can't say about the battery. I use the 8x AA holder and Eneloop rechargeable and that works for me.

I know the cabin feever feeling! It's been a heckuva winter up here in Idaho too. But the snow is finally melting off enough at the low elevations to start doing a little bit of detecting. Can't wait for spring!

Most of the detecting I do is in parks so I'm definitely going to get the coil. Just having a hard time spending $150 on a battery. I'm going to think about it for another day and probably pull the trigger tomorrow. It looks like it's going to warm up next week and be in the 60's by the weekend. Can't wait.

Trance said:
Most of the detecting I do is in parks so I'm definitely going to get the coil. Just having a hard time spending $150 on a battery. I'm going to think about it for another day and probably pull the trigger tomorrow. It looks like it's going to warm up next week and be in the 60's by the weekend. Can't wait.

I bought a custom Lithium pack,made in the Easter block of Europe, takes 3 18650 batteries, for $27 shipped. Total after getting the batteries around $50. It gives me 20 hours. I could get more run time if I'd elected to get 3.4V batts. Mine are 3.0V. Fantastic pack for the money!

5900_XL-1 said:
Trance said:

I bought a custom Lithium pack,made in the Easter block of Europe, takes 3 18650 batteries, for $27 shipped. Total after getting the batteries around $50. It gives me 20 hours. I could get more run time if I'd elected to get 3.4V batts. Mine are 3.0V. Fantastic pack for the money!
What charger do you use?

I tried my Panasonic eneloop aa rechargeables, I don't use backlight or TX boost, voltage barely dropped after 4 hrs of use.

Trance said:

Trance, I have an RNB-3100 pack with charger that only has a couple of cycles on it that I would sell for $100 Paypaled and shipped in the lower 48 if you're interested. I don't know if you can send PMs yet, if you can't, you can send me an email at gregbelkpta@gmail.com and let me know.

Thanks,
Greg

UncleTom said:
5900_XL-1 said:
Trance said:

What charger do you use?

My batteries came with a charger.

Ordered the coil and battery yesterday. Hopefully the coil will show up by the end of the week so I can try it out. It's snowing right now but temps are supposed to be in the mid 60's by the weekend.

It warmed up and I was able to get out for a couple hours this morning. I found a bunch of coins and a 10k gold ring with diamonds. I'm pretty stoked. Not sure how much the ring is worth but I may have paid for my detector in the two times I've taken it out.When I got home the Detech 13" Ultimate was sitting on the front porch. Guess what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow morning?

Put that 13 inch Ultimate on the V3i, load up the Deep Silver program and swing really slow in areas where you think older silver coins are hiding.

When you hear that high tone squeak slow down and investigate. It starts repeating that high tone...dig it.

therover said:
Put that 13 inch Ultimate on the V3i, load up the Deep Silver program and swing really slow in areas where you think older silver coins are hiding.

When you hear that high tone squeak slow down and investigate. It starts repeating that high tone...dig it.

Good to know I'm going to be getting a v3i soon