Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with new X70

coinsh00ter

Went to test it out in a park, I've been over many times, found 3 wheaties, along with a bunch of clad. Went to a friends yard and found a 1885 2 cent piece. Obviously it is corroded pretty good, tried cleaning it up with MS70 coin cleaner. Date appears to be 1885. So far I love this machine. I used the stock coin program with all the tones. All the coins gave great repeating signals and held the number in pinpoint. I was digging everything and everytime I got a 30-40 hit, that would go to -6 in pin point it ended up being a rusty washer. The 2 cent piece was at 5 inches with a nice repeatable 33-34 reading. It gave a sharp concise pinpoint.
Cant wait to go to some of may better spots.

I'm not new to the hobby, just trying to get back into it. Prior to the x70, the two machines I did best with were an sov xs pro and xlt, but have used Tesoro SS umax, Garrett Treasure Ace 250, and Fisher PI unit. The x70 is definitely a keeper. Lighter than even the Tesoro.

Dave in NJ

Just checked my coin book, it must be an 1865 because that is the only year minted that ended in a "5", it was also the year the most were minted.

Dave in NJ

Great start Dave! If you continue to find the X70 to your liking, then consider the 6 inch DD HF for those trashy parks. You'll be amazed, I gaaaaraaanteee, as my old buddy Justin Wilson would say.:beers:

HH
BarnacleBill

n/t

n/t

Great finds. You know maybe we should try to keep the X-Terra's a secret. Too many people get them and all the good finds will be snapped up. Next time someone asks how you like your detector, tell them you wish you would have kept your Ace 250:hot: I second the 6" DD coil, it's one great coil for getting through the junk and has great depth.
Keep up the good work, err, I mean fun.

Good hunting, John K

Wtg :clapping: GH