Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with S-8 on Sov yeilds gold ring

A

Anonymous

Well I don't know if the S-8 gets all the credit or not, but fact is I came home with a man's large 10K gold ring. I think it was 171-173 on the meter but the signal was so strong it about levitated my feet off the ground. Sometimes I get the feeling I'm about to find a ring, but this time I just had the feeling I was in magic ground. I was in a very trashy area and I worked my way over to the edge of the trash where it thinned out a bit and "boom". Maybe just beginner's luck but I'll take it.

That S 8 is a hot little coil, dont let anyone tell you it is not, as we have proof it is great. This coil can seperate great and better than any of the other 8 inch coils. The 8 inch coinsearch is a good one too and for a begginer i find it is easier to use and understand the Sovereign, but once you know the Sovereign the S-8 is great.
I let a fellow detectorist try mine when he went to one of his worked out parks and dug 5 merc in a hour he was there with them at 9-11 inches deep. These were along the road where he had worked before. I had to order in a new one for me as he wanted to keep that one.
I bet you notice that gold ring had a differnt tone to it than a normal signal with those numbers, I find they are a smoother sounding signal than normal.
Great find and I hope you get more.
Rick

The S-8 is hot and Rick, the Gt you sold me is great! I am so sore from digging yesterday, but that didn't stop my wife from planning a whole day of yard work today! I have to tell you that the S-8 and the Gt are a great combination at the beach. I was running the Sens almost to the Auto click and digging targets at 9 to 11 inches all day. Man, I was tired. The beach was packed sand with lots of cobbles and the digging was tough. After 3 plus hours, I was beat. I think I'll try the dry sand for a couple of hunts before going back at a ninus tide and getting into the wet sand and the surf. The GT was very stable in Disc, Silent Search and Iron mask off. Next time though, I'm going to put the iron mask on. The Gt is a bit more stable than the Elite and I think it goes a bit deeper too. I couldn't imagine trying to use an S-12 with the Gt. I would need a 5 foot shovel and someone else to dig for me! LOL!

Where are you located? What kind of hunting do you do, mostly?

Montana. I bought the coil from you I think. Haven'tbeen doing any hunting for many years. Mostly city parks and yards.

Yes I noticed a bit different sound. It was not as sharp as the aluminum. Smooth. I don't know if it matters but it had a long ring to it. Wish I had a tape recorder on that one.

I see I need some work in this area. The aluminum seems to have a sharp sound like a thousand little razor blade cuts. The ring had a smoother sound. I'll try and listen for the buttery sound.

I was going to ask how it is doing for you and how much difference there was with the GT and the Elite if there was. I wanted to take it out side to try it when I had it, but the ground was froze and may have to get another one of them in to try myself and sell my modified Elite.
You will be getting the paper work in the mail the first part of the week with the Extended warrenty. I mailed it off on Thursday.
Good to hear a good report on the GT and I feel it will be a winner like the XS was.
Rick

I thought so! Mike, right? Isn't that S-8 something? I have mine on the new Gt and I am sore from digging targets at the beach on Sat at 12". No gold, but I really learned a good deal about the Gt. You will be amazed at how stable the S-8 is and how deep it will go. I was almost to "auto" on the GT and at the water's edge and still no serious faulting. HH,
Bill

The area I am working is not old enough for the deep targets. Mostly six inches or less. I can run sensitivity all the way on the S-8 but usually it's a little noisier so I backed it off a little. I don't understand all the talk about pinpointing problems.