Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the Deus and had some trouble

CTX3030

First time out with the Deus and had a little issue. I turned on the control and held the detector horizontally until the coil connected. I did a ground balance. Then I went from Basic to the Deus Fast program and nothing the coil was silent. I could run it over my shovel and nothing. I dropped a coin on the ground and nothing. If I switched to to Gm Power or Basic the coil sounded off. I switched back and forth several times and nothing in Deus Fast. I turned off the control and turned it back on and still nothing. Then I made sure the control was in Deus Fast when I turned it off and when I turned it back on it was working. Is this just a computer glitch. Has this happened to anyone?

This hasn't happened to me. After reading your post my first thought was your coil wasn't synced with your remote or headphones for whatever reason. But you were able to get signals in another program so it sounds like you may have a software corruption problem which you should be able to fix by reinstalling your version of software.

beepsilver said:
This hasn't happened to me. After reading your post my first thought was your coil wasn't synced with your remote or headphones for whatever reason. But you were able to get signals in another program so it sounds like you may have a software corruption problem which you should be able to fix by reinstalling your version of software.

Thanks. I am going out this afternoon, I will do an update before I go.

Did a update and have had a repeat of yesterday twice. Looks like there is a problem with the control or the coil.

I'd say so too. Time to contact XP, they'll hook you up.

Let us know how things work out. Good Luck!!

Just to let you know I had similar problem. My deus would work ok for awhile and then cut-out. I could tap my coil and it would come back with sound. Sent it off to U.S.A. authorized repair shop and turned out I had a bad coil and remote.(backphones were ok.) They sent me new coil and remote. Moe was the fellow who helped me at =

Detector Electronics Corp.
23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

They were very professional and quickly got my Deus back to normal.

newuser said:
Just to let you know I had similar problem. My deus would work ok for awhile and then cut-out. I could tap my coil and it would come back with sound. Sent it off to U.S.A. authorized repair shop and turned out I had a bad coil and remote.(backphones were ok.) They sent me new coil and remote. Moe was the fellow who helped me at =

23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

I spoke with Moe on Monday and shipped the coil, control and headphones to him. He was very helpful, I will let you know what he finds.

CTX3030 said:
newuser said:

23 Turnpike Road
Southboro, MA 01772
508-460-6244

I spoke with Moe on Monday and shipped the coil, control and headphones to him. He was very helpful, I will let you know what he finds.

XP and Moe are great. They will get you fixed!

An update to the problem. Moe replaced the coil he said it was acting strange. I sent the coil, headphones and remote on Monday and I had them back on Thursday. 3 days from the time I sent it in. That's what I call quick service. The quality and speed of the warranty service was second to none. XP's warranty service is kinda like the LL Bean of the metal detecting world.

I appreciate you keeping us posted--I'm sure topnotch customer service from XP is something every one of us Deus owners appreciate hearing about! Hopefully you'll be posting your finds shortly :)

newuser said:
Right on. That was the service i had received also. How is everything working for you now?

I have been too busy to get out because I am getting ready to go on vacation. I will give it a good work out during vacation.