Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the Excalibur

A

Anonymous

I cannot believe the depth on this thing ? I hit the Treasure coast beaches for a couple of hours for a test run in the pouring rain . I got a pocket full of clad & sinkers , some of the quarters , dimes & nickels were a good 18 inches down in the wet sand , some sinkers 24 inches , my scoop arm is killing me ,Ive had an XLT for the last 7 years Im glad I followed some good advice and bought the excalibur it certainly is a great beach hunting machine , me thinks Im going to find a lot more goodies now ?

The 1000 , I decided that as I only hunt the beaches in Florida and the ploughed feilds in England on trips back home to see the folks that the 1000 was a better fit for me .

I told you so! It is a deep machine! Good hunting, Joe from Reilly's Treasured Gold

Hi Joe .
Thanks for the good advice and for taking the extra time to point me in the right direction .

little toe rings, earrings, brass buttons off of levi type stuff..............it will amaze u
are u hunting in manual about 11am?
good luck gary

I already got the monster scoop , good job I did , it balances me out a bit , I had it in auto today til I get the hang of things .

HunterJoe,
I know how deep the Excal is on northern, more mineralized beaches. But when using the Excal's brother, the Sovereign at Sanibel Is. it was all I could do to pick up a dime at 4". I know the Sanibel beaches are totally made of crushed seashell and thus very neutral. The Sov does much better when it sees the mineral matrix. Is the east coast more mineralized than the west coast of FL? I have a hard time imagining the Excal can be as deep there as it is in DE and beaches north.
Carl

was working properly. You should expect to see similar depth and performance from either machine. At least, that's been my experience and I've owned both. I hunt the east coast of Florida, and it's largely a "neutral" beach as you call it.

Gary,
Yes, the machine was working perfectly and it's one I've used for years. But my experience is not unusual. I know many folks who found the Sov. depth to be nothing special when hunting mild ground. But when working mineralized areas it really excels.
Carl

Like the name says , its a monster scoop , look on Reillys treasured gold website , and you definately need to eat your wheaties to carry it around , I like the kick plate on the bottom making it easier to use , and when Im done with it , it will make a nice toothpick for the mother in law ! Im not saying she is big but she kick starts jumbo jets at Miami international !

Buddy- zall I'z gottasay iz u best B HOPE-IN she ain't not a readin this here forum, I'm outa here.