Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Out With the F70

I have a school that I take most detectors to for a "shake down" run. This has to be the trashiest school in the State. I have never seen anything like it anywhere else. In parts of the yard there are signals everywhere. It is hunted regularly by some local hunter and is a pretty good test area for that reason alone. I really did not expect to find anything other than a few shallow pennies and dimes.

I left the F70 at the factory setting, except I had to change frequencies and I upped the discrimination to the foil level. I cleaned out a small area and ground balanced the machine. I hunted for around 2.5 hours with about 15 - 20 minutes just getting accustomed to what the machine was telling me. Basically it confirmed what I already said, there were targets everywhere.

Here is the take: 7 zinc pennies, 4 copper pennies, 1 nickel, 6 quarters and 20 dimes. All but about 5 of the dimes were 5 to 6 inches deep and surrounded by trash signals. I was surprised at the good loud signals I got on all the dimes and the copper pennies. I do not believe there would have been any problem getting the targets if they had been deeper. Several of the zinc pennies read as tabs but were just good enough that I dug them anyway. I am still trying to decide if this is good or bad as most all of the zincs had already started to decay.

Long post to say that I was really pleased with the F70. Super light weight and very quick response time. Pretty easy to isolate targets in trashy areas and the pinpointing was dead on.

Disclaimer: I am a Fisher Dealer. I normally hunt with an X-Terra 70 and a Fisher F75 and a few other machines.

Don

great post!.i am curious!..would you say that the 70 separates as well as the 75?,,do you believe that it is a deep detector with the cocentric coil on board,and do you also think the concentric WILL isolate targets better than the 11" coil on the 75 in the trash?..thanks for the input!

(h.h!)
j.t.

What do you mean by that statement...How is a tab signal just good enough to dig anyway...And I am serious..I really do not know what you mean.
To me it's either a tab, or a different signal and I will dig it but not a tab.Thats if I am looking for coins..Rings a different story..But thats not how I read your statement...I am not trying to be a jerk either..I just don't know what you mean.

This is a smaller coil and I did have to hunt very slow to get the repeatable signals in the worst trash. I plan on putting the F70 coil on the F75 and see how it performs. I also need also put the F75 small coil on the F70 and see how that combination works.
IMHO, I believe the F75 will get more depth overall.

thanks for the input!..i am listening very carefully as i can't decide whether to grab the f-70,or the f-75!..i like the 75,but the 70 is tempting as there is enough difference in cost to make it tempting!..my feeling is if i can get great depth along with lightening fast target sparation in the trash,then that's all i really want from the 70!..want to hear more feedback on the various coils used on the 70 in the field!

(h.h!)
j.t.

In my ground there is a huge gap between tabs and zincs. Screw caps and zincs is another story.
I can hunt in Delta Pitch and recognize the zincs w/o looking at the meter.

I was only trying to give my first impressions. I am afraid that I would be very poor at wriitng a true field test.I only mentioned the zincs because I noticed this on several occasions and I did not think I should leave it out. I really did not investigate it very much. I have no idea which numbers the dimes, quarters or copper pennies displayed either. I only saw that after I had isolated the target from the junk, I got a good tone lock by using a very tight sweep, a good ID lock on the scale at the top of the display and the numeric display only fluctuated by one or two numbers.

-- moved topic --