Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the simplex!

ToneTime

I got out for the first hunt with my new simplex. It seems it will be a very nice detector and still really happy with what I got for the money! I used the 11” stock coil and it did quite well deciphering targets! I really clicked with this machine even the first time out but have experience with the Kruzer! I got this beautiful quarter out of some rusty old nails! I love the simplicity and think it will be a good compliment to my Tesoro’s and Kruzer! Looking forward to getting out with it again real soon! Take care!

Attachments

• A3A10241-D09A-4D82-8D55-68925ADA7D3E.jpeg
    A3A10241-D09A-4D82-8D55-68925ADA7D3E.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 246
Nice save on the Barber quarter, that's a nice one.

The Simplex has been a good addition to my detector line up too, I've made some nice finds with it.

Nice job with the Simplex. So since you have a Kruzer (not Multi?), I would like to ask what made you decide to buy a Simplex too. Does one complement the other in certain kinds of detecting? Now that you have both, if you had to choose one over the other, which would it be? Or is this too soon to decide? Thanks for your comments.

Thanks! The Kruzer I do have is the multi. I like it because of the coil selection! I am still trying to learn that machine but it has found me lots of good items! I mostly use it in 3 tone with a lower gain setting. I struggle with the tone break and tone settings. It just doesn’t seem the same as the park and field modes on the simplex. If I could figure out how to set it up to mimic the simplex I would be happy. The field mode on the simplex is great for me as is park2 I discovered. I want to set my two tone and 3 tone modes up on the Kruzer like it. If anybody has any settings to share on how to do this it would be welcomed. I started out with a bounty hunter pioneer 505 as my first machine and then ran through my fair share of the Tesoro’s. I kept a few! I bought the simplex as a backup machine for the Kruzer but now that I used it a few times I’m liking it a lot! I thought about the anfibio but glad I just got the simplex, I Hope that answers your question!

Thanks, TT. Very good explanation. I wish I could help with the settings on the Kruzer, but I have never used one. Maybe you should start a thread just with that question.

That's a good way to begin. Hope future hunt's a just as productive.

Great start with the Simplex!
I know what you mean about clicking with it first time out. I have the Anfibio multi and the Simplex just seems to grab onto a nice non ferrous target just about perfect for me. Most other junk targets are short blips and pops. I also like how it reacts to a deeper target. That long smooth sound in Park 1.
This detector reminds me of my favorite one, the Deus.

Reminds me of the deus too.. shaft is the same shape, field mode =pitch mode on deus, park 1 =deep mode and park 2=fast mode.

I got out for the first hunt with my new simplex. It seems it will be a very nice detector and still really happy with what I got for the money! I used the 11” stock coil and it did quite well deciphering targets! I really clicked with this machine even the first time out but have experience with the Kruzer! I got this beautiful quarter out of some rusty old nails! I love the simplicity and think it will be a good compliment to my Tesoro’s and Kruzer! Looking forward to getting out with it again real soon! Take care!
Does the Kruzer have the higher frequency necessary from gold nuggets?

I live in SoCal and since it is the newer part of the country you don't find many old coins.

John M