Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Out With The T2 - Looooong

I've had the T2 for a couple of weeks but Saturday was my first opportunity to use it. I am a CPA so this was not the best time of year to buy a new detector. At any rate, Saturday was nice and I was determined to put the alien loop on the ground after work. Went in early so I could get off early and had everything planned. i always try out new detectors at school yards. Went to 5 different schools and all were covered up with people. Not good, an hour of daylight had been wasted.
Finally settled on an old club building that me and everybody else had pounded to death for twenty or so years. I had used a 3 Name brand, top of the line units there, sorry no names in order to protect myself from any backlash, and found very little - a few wheaties and modern coins and a brad from a CW knapsack. I was not expecting to find much if anything.
The detector ground balanced at 54. Lots of electrical interference so went to Freq 1, it was better than the others, and reduced sensitivity to 50. All metal was still erratic. Set the tone to 4 and off I went for about 2.5 hours.
The results for looking about half the property were 2 modern quarters, 2 modern dimes, 7 memorial pennies, 8 wheaties, 3 silver Roosevelt dimes and 1 Mercury dime. I could not believe it. This was the first silver I had found at this location and the most I had ever found there. Almost every coin had a piece of trash either in the hole or right next to it.
And yes I did dig 2 rusty bottle caps, a couple of screw caps and a civil war era horse shoe.
One thing I have not figured out in my 2.5 hours of experience is how to tell a nickel from a pull tab. All my nickel signal turned out to be pull tabs.
In my opinion, this is the best machine I have ever used, at least after 2.5 hours, and I can't wait to sneak off from work again and try the rest of the club house property, which was not hunted out after all.
Sorry the post is so long. HH Don

Sounds like you had a great day! WTG!!!! The T-2 machine is sounding more impressive all the time. Kind of like the old days when the Teknetics Mark I was the detector all others were compared to. Seems like the new T-2 is heading toward the front of the class! I am having a harder and harder time keeping myself from buying one just to try it out!! :)

HH

Beachcomber

It was very easy to set up. The recovery rate is very fast so I did have to make myself slow down. Even though I may not have had it set exactly right, I did not have a lot trouble with false signals. I am very pleased at this point. I have some nail covered CW sites I want to try it out in after some more experience. Should be fun.

Did you try hunting in 3b? I've seen some of the cap, deep small lower conductors showing high, etc, but 3b is pretty much taking care of 95% of those issues for me. 3b also works great in areas that seem to have a lot of targets that show up at or real near nickel signatures. I've also seen results like you're referring to at extremely pounded sites. :D

keep an eye on the ferrous readout. You're gonna love that additional info. Definitely a better mousetrap than the ferrous info on an Exp II IMO.

Honestly, after the first silver dime popped up, I never thought to try the 3b. Too excited I guess. Thanks for the advice, i will try next time I get out. One nice thing about the T2 is the ease with which the settings can be changed.

Thanks again, I have not really looked into that feature yet.

that was about as diverse as I see around here. Ground phases from 85 to low 40's. Ground ferrous mineralization from nothing to 1 and no, I didn't forget the decimal. :D The heavier ferrous mineralization wasn't always collocated with the hotter ground phases either. I hunt with no discrimination so I knew when the ferrous reading was related exclusively to the ground and or a ferrous target. The T2 handled it all flawlessly with very few adjustments required. So much available user info, and so easy to be in total control as things change. This particular site really confirmed what I'd suspected about the T2. :thumbup:

You know with the wonderful job that the T-2 is doing on previously pounded areas, we need to keep it secret so we all keep finding the stuff the others are missing ;-)

Stop telling folks about how good the Alien is. It's hard enough to find good stuff as it is and if folks start buying th Alien.... :)

Nice stuff. Thanks for the writeup!

alcoholic drug crazed delusional dealers who never swing a detector in the first place! Yeah..... that's the ticket! :lol: