Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time out with the XP Deus

5 hours of hunting today produced much junk few good targets. The junk is expected when learning a new machine. However a lot of the round tabs and screw caps and bottle caps came in as good coin numbers. More than I am used to digging. Ended up with 7 memorials, 1 wheatie, 2 clad quarters and 3 clad dimes. Not very good in these parks that have produced in the past. I am also having trouble telling the high tone from the medium high tone. Tried 3 tones and 4 tones and really only heard 2 tones and had trouble telling them apart. Not sure what that is all about. So far not liking this machine. Oh, its fast, very fast but lots of noise as it hits every target. I ran the Basic 1 program and tried the Deus fast and G Maxx too. All about the same as far as tones. The numbers do change though. that can be confusing as you learn one set and they change when you change programs. At any rate I dug more junk in the good range than I liked. so the jury is out until I learn more and test it more.

The Deus can be a little frustrating to hunt with until you get to know it. It takes time to learn the numbers and the audio. Try sticking with one program at first and especially one frequency. Every time you change the frequency it

If you suspect a screw cap drag the coil back slowly as you sweep back and forth across the target. Screw caps audio changes to a broken signal right before it falls off. A little practice you can tell the difference.

mrwilburino said:
The Deus can be a little frustrating to hunt with until you get to know it. It takes time to learn the numbers and the audio. Try sticking with one program at first and especially one frequency. Every time you change the frequency it

E-TREC-Virginia said:
mrwilburino said:

I dug 1/4th of the junk I did yesterday and dug 5 wheaties, some clad and the tones came in loud and clear. I can tell the difference now. A BIG thank you for the help. I was much more fun today and less frustration.

Thanks for the program E-TREC-Virginia, I will give that atry tomorrow.

Deusdigger said:
Thanks for the program E-TREC-Virginia, I will give that a try tomorrow.

While I would like to take credit for the program suggestion, I cannot. It was mrwilburino who provided it. I was just trying to confirm one of the settings. I am going to give it a shot tomorrow as well. Good luck and HH.

Went out again today and found 4 wheaties and 1 indian head 1908. It was in a park from around the late 1800's that I have hunted many, many times and came away with nothing of value. It took 2 hours of hunting but I came out of there with 3 keepers. And my junk finds were less than yesterday. The settings you gave me are working great here in NW OHIO where our ground is pretty mild.