Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Time Scorpion user

Ynot havago

Hello I recently got a scorpion for my first detector and am having a ball with it. Still learning how to use it properly ie ground balance. Went to a local swimming hole and found five dollars in coin and a matchbox bat mobile today. New to the Forum and am glad I have found you guys as not much info about the scorpion here in Australia.

My friend and I use Scorpions almost exclusively, Have myself been using for some years now, believe they are great, glad you are having a good time with it, they work great, and the ground balance is a little tricky, but after a while you get on to it, and its actually not real critical, but I keep mine touched up from time to time when detecting, good luck and Happy Hunting, , I havn't been posting much, cause the forum seems so DEAD, may post some more.:garrett:

Nice going ! You have coins in Australia that will really add up fast if you hit the right spots.
Good hunting with your Scorpion !

Thanks for the replies Burgar and Gene, can't wait to get out again and hopefully get some more finds. I live in North Queensland not too far from some gold bearing areas, so am keen to really get to know the scorpion. I know it is an old technology machine but it seemed to love the coins still, so hopefully the newer detectors have left a few nuggets behind as well.

One thing I have learned is that the stuff in the ground don't know if you are using
old technology or new technology. I would say the Scorpion has good technology
and used properly will get the job done. Good hunting to you ! Gene