Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time using new upgraded F75LTD black machine.

I finally had some time and good warm weather to go detecting Sunday afternoon. I had 4 detectors with me an ATPRO, an Etrac old faithful, a Deus with 9" coil and my very little used black F75LTD I bought used on here couple seasons ago. Never used it cause it was to me very chatty. I did the upgrade in Jan after waiting a while and then saw the cut off date of March so moved on it. Saw some lamenting on depth of all metal mode and I still don't know if mine is one that is deeper in all metal than discrimination as I haven't tested it yet. I mainly coin hunt so use discrimination anyways.
I went to a nearby park I have pounded last couple years and started out with the Deus in one area. I decided to go into the fenced in picnic area and thought to give the F75LTD upgrade a try. I held the trigger and pushed the red button to do a factory default reset and turned it on. I then looked and mine is defaulted at F1 for frequency setting. I set my ground balance in all metal to 90 as the Deus was running about 85-87 I saw earlier, we got mineralization here. Ran discrimination up to 25 top of foil range. Set sensitivity to 99 to see if it would run there ok and never had to lower it at all. Ran in DE mode and I could sweep very fast or very slowly and it worked the same which on some targets due to trachy spot I was surprised I could sweep it this slowly like an Etrac and it still worked to pick out targets in this DE mode. Then I tried some of the different tone settings and finally really liked plain 1 tone as I could tell a good sounding solid hit as apposed to some pops and crackles due to the mineralization and such. Easier for me to focus on the one sound I found than the 1n, 2f,2h,2l,vco sound or 3H or 4H high tones kept stopping to double check so slowed to a crawl detecting to me this way.
It got a bit noisy as the soil dried out and got warmer so I played with the F1-F7 and it didn't seem to make any difference so left it on F1 and then went and raised up ground setting 3 points higher to 93 after trying 3 lower to 87 which made it worse so going higher was correct and it quieted it down a lot. Must be hot rocks and small minerals and such.
Now I really was enjoying FINALLY be able to use this fine machine. I dug zilncolns just cause I could hit them and get high 60's readings and weren't jumpy. If a signal was jumpy and not within 2-3 numbers consistently it was junk metal objects.
I got a quarter a few inches deep and consistent reading think it was in the mid 80's and a nickel just under the surface hitting at 30-31. There wasn't anything else there to hit so that is why I dug the zilncolns cause I had cleaned out this area last year. But was good to see this machine hit targets good and was fun to finally get to use it as intended which I will now do more often elsewhere with complete confidence. Ran smooth with very minor pops and chirps but with a quick resweeps was easy to tell wasn't good targets so I was able to move along smoothly detecting this area.

Thanks Mud. I forgot to mention that I didn't try to raise nor lower the discrimination setting to 65 or down to 0 and just left it at 25 during the hunt because at 26 and higher it starts to close out the nickel window. Maybe raising it would have been completely quiet to use but I could have missed targets due to masking/ co-location which 0 disc. would allow one to find so only discd out iron and foil at that 25 setting.. I will try these different settings 0 and 65 with nickles notched back in next time I'm out. I also have CTX3030 and a G2 also Mud.

the more you use the f75 the more you will like it. also alot of smaller gold rings will read in the low 20s for that reason i set my disc at 20 in trashy areas gl hh

Thanks ez4sure on that tid bit of info. Probably I think I read somewhere the factory is set for discrimination at 15 I believe. Once you go over 19 there is a raise in gain then somewhere on up the scale it raises gain or removes it on and off till you get to 65 which is max the discrimination will go. Go from 6 to 5 and it gain goes up go from 5 to 4 and up more all the way till you get to zero that gain keeps increasing also so the lower you can run at say zero discrimination the better according to NASA Tom D.'s info I read while back. Another words if sensitivity is already at 99 by lowering Disc. or going up into low 20"s your adding more punch into the machine with the higher gain to be had. That is why I think I like that 1 tone and zero to 6 for the discrimination setting myself. Get the most out of the machine.

It just gets better after this, Tom.

I know you have the Deus, but put the F75 in FA mode and watch it find the invisible targets it seemingly creates out of nothing. I love that mode.

HH
Mike

Thanks Mike I will try that out. To me that is what's fun about this hobby you can re-hunt the same spots with different machines and settings and angles and always pull something out. The day you can't then it probably truly is cleaned out!! Keeps things fresh and from having to go find new spots all the time.

Bought a new F75 last month and FA + 5" coil looks like it could be useful in coin hunting in extremely trashy areas. Have you found any particular tone option works best with FA?

Haven't tried FA mode yet but so far I like just 1 for tone easiest for me to feel when I get a good hit over a chirp or pop or crackle and such. Maybe over more time using this machine I will like another tone instead.

I found an 1888 Indian head in an extremely trashed site in FA mode recently. I used 3 tones due to the large amount and variety of trash targets. I had to run my sensitivity at 30 to run smooth,but I don't really worry about lowering it on the F75 Ltd, as it is very sensitive even at the lower levels. The Penny was an easy seven inches deep. As for lowering the disc and getting a gain boost, I haven't found that to be the case with my unit. On the original F75 this was definitely the case, but the conditions had to be perfect. Any EMI, and this was hard to pull off. This new machine rocks in my opinion. I've been digging 8 to 10 inch coins in DE mode on 70 sensitivity, regularly! I've found that you really have to set the sensitivity based on the soil conditions.If the ground is hot,I don't even bother with BP. If you always try and crank it to the max, I feel that it just slows you down checking out false signals, basically. This is a very impressive machine :) The all metals mode has been amazing in my mineralized soil as well. I found a tiny silver ring in all metals, that I know I've walked over many times with other " Flag ship" machines in Disc mode. This ring won't fit around my little finger, just the tip! Amazing sensitivity in all metals. I'm very happy with my Fisher!

Thanks MrBranton33 for the tips. I will also try them out. They may in the upgrade somehow fazed out those gain increases. I tried BP mode but found I could go real slow in DE mode and stayed in it for my hunt. I agree on setting the sensitivity to what it can handle as it's still plenty deep as you state.