Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time Vaquero user and wanting to set up for jewelry.

nw1886

Been detecting for a long time and brought a Vaquero home from work to see how it is for jewelry. I know it will be great but was wondering how some of you guys set up for a jewelry hunt? (Bet it is similar to other analogs I've used but every machine has it's "personality".) Really looking forward to testing this little machine out as a lot of guys in the industry sure swear by it and run one right with whatever else they have. I've played with them some.....but this will be my first hunt leaving everything else at home!

Set the disc right around the i in iron if you want a shot at chains and small items especially small gold.
Or take an iron nail at set the disc where it just crackles but doesn't sound solid.
Sense as high as you can get it without chatter.
Set the threshold knob at about 1:00.
Super loud signals are not going to be any form of jewelry, none that I ever found, anyway.
Dig everything else that isn't huge, like a can.
Lots of foil, can slaw, tabs and other trash is going to be in your future, but if you are persistent, jewelry could be also.

"Lots of foil, can slaw, tabs and other trash is going to be in your future, but if you are persistent, jewelry could be also."

This is what I dig a lot of with any machine I use so no biggie here and bet the increase in these targets will be beaver tails with tails "out" mostly. Thought I'd be out and back by now, but an invite from friends has me heading out now (with a site closer to home). I'll heed your good advise and wish me luck!

With an attitude like yours, you will surely make your own "luck".
Here's hoping one of those iron, foil, or tab, nickel or zinc signals turns out to be a surprise.
It magically makes all that trash digging totally worthwhile when it does!

HH

as said above, very simple, only disc Iron

have fun with your new machine!

REVIER said:
Set the disc right around the i in iron if you want a shot at chains and small items especially small gold.
Or take an iron nail at set the disc where it just crackles but doesn't sound solid.
Sense as high as you can get it without chatter.
Set the threshold knob at about 1:00.
Super loud signals are not going to be any form of jewelry, none that I ever found, anyway.
Dig everything else that isn't huge, like a can.
Lots of foil, can slaw, tabs and other trash is going to be in your future, but if you are persistent, jewelry could be also.
But won't that cause me to bend over more-and get my delicate fingers dirty-and won't I start sweating? What's the modern, easy way?:rofl: