Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First time with the Deus

Coin Man Dan

Went to a park and tried the Deus out for the first time,it's a place I have been to with the F70. Mainly stayed in Basic 1&2,but did also run something close to Andy's trashy park settings for a bit.Did OK $3.19 in about 3 hours all clad and just 7 pieces of trash.Tried to only dig good repeatable signals.Not sure I like the backphones but ordered with then because of the heat here in the summer.Do they adjust at all? Mine need to be a little longer.Also need a little help on the tones they seem to be a little chirpy even on the upper tones and good targets.Still was able to hear the breakup on bottle caps. But still wish the upper tones were more clear.Read a post somewhere that talked about better sounding tones in the 2.0 version but need input if this is true.Find the detector is easy to adjust and I'm sure I am going to like it using it when there is trash around that messes the F70 up.Great pinpointing used it but also was using the pull back method to try and weed out the bottle caps.

I wish I had ordered the backphones, then I could have ordered the CP6 headphones which are designed to hold the control module of the backphones giving me the choice of either a light and airy version or a full headphone version all using the same headphone control module.....the wp5 setup is ok, but they have a tendancy to loosen while you wear them and end up with the headband hanging over my face.....

I also find the tones a little chirpy, but am becoming accustomed to them...I came off of an etrac so after having finally learned to hear aussie, now my ears are learning to hear french.......

You might try adjusting the frequencies to give more spread between the low/middle/high tones to help get the coins to "pop"

Good Luck

I really like my Deus,but as mentioned above,the tones are a little choppy.or clipped in the higher frequency's. I don't really mind this,it's just something to get used to,on a new machine. It certainly is a "coin hound" though!:thumbup:

Big Boys Hobbies said:
Use very little discrimination and turn the iron volume down. It works wonders! ;)

Not sure what reducing discrimination will have on the tones produced by targets . . . . less discrimination will simply produce more signals with less being rejected. Iron Volume set to "0" will remove the reponse to ferrous targets (those in the 1st breakpoint) but also, has no impact on tones.

A better suggestion is to run examples of targets you are looking for across the coil and adjust the audio frequency to get sounds that seem to be better to you - sometimes one click - 3 kHz - makes a big difference. If you look at some of the programs people have posted, often the audio settings are based on their personal preferences which can vary a slight amount from user to user.

See if this helps

Andy

Ground Balance - Notch (new introduced with 3.0) seems to have influence on the tones, you can try to reduce it. Also if your Ground filter is set to lower than 1, the tones are not really clear.However, with ground filter > 2 you will loose too much depth.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf