Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First trip with the Tek O85

plugpopper

Nice little sterling pendant. Was about 5-6" in a pounded park. Don't know how I missed this with the Etrac but the omega sniffed it out. Nothing else but a penny and bah full off trash but I was just digging everything repeatable today to get tuned into what the omega was telling me. Overall I like it so far. Hope I get more time in with it tomorrow. Gonna head to the woods and see what we find.

Do you think the fast recovery speed made a difference or maybe just because you were digging more you found the pendant.
I find I usually find more when I get a new machine because I dig more to learn the machine.

It was funny because I buried a copper penny I found 8 inches deep just to see if it would be a signal I would hit with a normal sweep speed. I really think with a dd coil I would've hit it no problem but with the concentric it required overlapping swings, which they usually do. But it did ring in good with apretty stable id. So I gotta get used to overlapping until I get a dd coil. But the funny thing was after doing this to see what my swing speed should be and what a higher conductor sounds like deep, about 6 feet away I get another good signal, checked it in AN which had that round smooth sound, ado I decided to dig and it was the silver. So I think the main thing to remember is when you get a new machine, bury some targets arry various depths and see what kind ood swing speed and settings help pull that signal. If I wouldn't have just did my experiment I very well could have missed that signal.

Howdy plugpopper--

That's a nice pendant! It's always fun to learn a new machine. Good find and many more. Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Fantastic find & congrats! Sounds like your new machine has good depth and wish you good luck with it - many great finds.

Texas ED
S/E Texas Gulf Coast

Congrats on the find! Good luck with that new machine. I'm sure the more time you spend with it the better you will be enjoying it.

Nice, cool silver find!:thumbup: