Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First Vision beach GOLD and an explanation of the Analyze Screen (maybe)?

Good info was the one on the bottom right the gold ring to me it looks the best? Did it read like this in the ground? I can do well in the air test but seperation in the ground gives me some trouble.

Jason

Jason in TN said:
Good info was the one on the bottom right the gold ring to me it looks the best? Did it read like this in the ground? I can do well in the air test but separation in the ground gives me some trouble.

Jason

Top right was the tab the rest were GOLD see the red off the beam on the top right? The difference in graphs is due to the size of the gold but if you look close all three golds are almost equal in distance apart and the green was almost straight across.

Top right the red was off and the green was off (pull tab all day). Once you can look at your graph and pick these deformities apart you will be cherry picking gold without the hassle of pull tabs and with no discrimination this means you wont have to miss anything by using it. Believe it or not it took a few IH to tell the difference. IH line up with red on top Blue directly underneath the red and the green is completely at the bottom. I hope this helps now to learn the mechanics of the detector:surrender:

Sarah

As I was going to the store I was thinking about the photos they were air tested. Running an analyze while still in the ground I can expect a much tighter grouping and a higher spike but these photos do show the uniformity I get before I dig. Well I can say it's worked thus far 6 rings in only a few months as too two years for my first Gold with the DFX. I'll take along my camera on my next few land hunts and if I hit gold I'll know it before I dig it and so will you.

Anything anyone would like to add I would love to hear what they have noticed as I said it was blind luck and it was due to a few Indian heads Pennies that really got me looking at the uniformity of my hits.

Sarah

Sarah5150 said:
As I was going to the store I was thinking about the photos they were air tested. Running an analyze while still in the ground I can expect a much tighter grouping and a higher spike but these photos do show the uniformity I get before I dig. Well I can say it's worked thus far 6 rings in only a few months as too two years for my first Gold with the DFX. I'll take along my camera on my next few land hunts and if I hit gold I'll know it before I dig it and so will you.

Anything anyone would like to add I would love to hear what they have noticed as I said it was blind luck and it was due to a few Indian heads Pennies that really got me looking at the uniformity of my hits.

Sarah

My kind of gal thinking of metal detecting on the way to the store. :lol:

I guess it's just me, but I don't see the pattern. Referring to the upper right, you talk about the red and green being "off the beam". What does that mean? Please help.

Now do you see it? The different impure alloys that are in tabs show up like the DFX with uneven responses now not only do we have the old VDI to use but this screen as well. You will get a lot of different spikes guaranteed but don't just look at the 22.5 look at them all and this goes for all hits. I was just looking at the big 22.5kHz spike the other ones are the tell.

lytle78 said:
I guess it's just me, but I don't see the pattern. Referring to the upper right, you talk about the red and green being "off the beam". What does that mean? Please help.

Look at the red and the Green the red is far to close to the blue and is kicked off to the side and the green has to much of a hump to be anything but juck not to mention it follows the red with the pitch to the left. What does this mean it means I hit 6 gold rings listening to my Vision tell me heres a pull tab keep moving.

I hope you can see the difference with the modifications I made in paint if not as I said they hit better coming out of the ground and I'll take my camera next time.

If I was hunting a Sports field looking for lost Jewelry and all 4 of Sarah"s pictures came up as Targets, I would dig all 4 Hands down. As Modern Pull Tabs and Rings are about the same size and shape, so the Analyze screen is doing it's job very well.

Now the Analyze screen has helped me with ID ing Scrap Aluminum from the Parks lawn mower, with it's odd shape this has reduced a lot of digging. as with my past Detectors, I had to dig all that chopped up Aluminum. I Just need more time with the V to get to know how the Analyze screen works to our advantaged.

Nice touch with the "Paint" mod ! ! ! :clapping:

Jerry

Lots of great info, thanks to all:clapping:

I'll start looking for that "upright look" with those characteristics for sure. If it remains consistent...time to retrain the brain! Good stuff!

Sarah:

I'm trying to understand your post. I don't have the V3 so I wonder if you can clear something up for me.
Are you saying that I can stop digging all those pull tabs now? Will the V3 really give you a clear picture of what is gold and what is not?
If so that in itself would make me want to splurge and get the V3. It's gotten to the point that I just won't dig pull tabs any more. I have been hunting mostly soccer fields and parks with my MXT. I also use my Ace 250 at times. There are people on the forum that say you should dig everything, and maybe that works for them, but me it's been one piece of junk after the next. Most of the rings I've found has been with the Ace but almost all silver, only a couple gold ones.

Katz

:clapping::clapping:You are right Sarah. I tried the test with several rings and pull tabs that have the same VDI #'s. The distance from the 22.5 HZ. vs 7.5 HZ. is greater with gold rings. In other words there is greater distance between the blue and red humps with the gold rings. Both the pull tabs and gold rings has basically the same Analise pattern, except for the 22.5 & 7.5 HZ. distance pattern.Great work Sarah.
:clapping:

Rob in (Ca) said:
If I was hunting a Sports field looking for lost Jewelry and all 4 of Sarah"s pictures came up as Targets, I would dig all 4 Hands down. As Modern Pull Tabs and Rings are about the same size and shape, so the Analyze screen is doing it's job very well.

Now the Analyze screen has helped me with ID ing Scrap Aluminum from the Parks lawn mower, with it's odd shape this has reduced a lot of digging. as with my past Detectors, I had to dig all that chopped up Aluminum. I Just need more time with the V to get to know how the Analyze screen works to our advantaged.

Well then Rob it looks like you would have four GOLD rings and one tab but your playing field is 99% tabs and 1% Gold so owning the finest detector on the planet perhaps we can put all are heads together and come up with a solution and leave those tabs for the other guys and gals:cheers:

HI there Sarah and company.

Just back from a 'forum free holiday', and read the thread with Sarah's observations. A good post, stimulating the interests of those who search for challenging opinions on how one can use the new facilities offered by the V3.

Maybe I've missed some previous comments but I am curious that whilst the emphasis has been on observing the 'shapes' and relative amplitudes etc., whilst nobody has commented (in this thread at least) on the V3's overall assessment between THIS 10k gold ring and the particular pull-tab used
The V3's clearly rates the ring's metal contents as almost TWICE as desirable (75%) as that of pull-tab (45%).

To me, that is more obvious a clue in this 'air test' scenario, than interpreting the visual waveforms.

The point being, that where some folk may not be 'seeing' the waveforms as analytically clearly, as Sarah, they can have no such problems if they observe the CONFIDENCE % figures.

The only warning I can offer is, that targets in the soil will probably have (on average) lower confidence levels.

It requires someone as diligent as Sarah, to take the time to note the confidence figures of any target she suspects that may be a pull-tab or a ring, whilst still buried.

Finally. The relative 'closeness' of any gold ring's frequencies responses, will be as much dictated by the ring's bulk/thickness, as well as its % alloys..

Thanks for an interesting thread.................TheMarshall

TheMarshall said:
HI there Sarah and company.

Just back from a 'forum free holiday', and read the thread with Sarah's observations. A good post, stimulating the interests of those who search for challenging opinions on how one can use the new facilities offered by the V3.

Maybe I've missed some previous comments but I am curious that whilst the emphasis has been on observing the 'shapes' and relative amplitudes etc., whilst nobody has commented (in this thread at least) on the V3's overall assessment between THIS 10k gold ring and the particular pull-tab used
The V3's clearly rates the ring's metal contents as almost TWICE as desirable (75%) as that of pull-tab (45%).

To me, that is more obvious a clue in this 'air test' scenario, than interpreting the visual waveforms.

The point being, that where some folk may not be 'seeing' the waveforms as analytically clearly, as Sarah, they can have no such problems if they observe the CONFIDENCE % figures.

The only warning I can offer is, that targets in the soil will probably have (on average) lower confidence levels.

It requires someone as diligent as Sarah, to take the time to note the confidence figures of any target she suspects that may be a pull-tab or a ring, whilst still buried.

Finally. The relative 'closeness' of any gold ring's frequencies responses, will be as much dictated by the ring's bulk/thickness, as well as its % alloys..

Thanks for an interesting thread.................TheMarshall

You might should have read the entire thread a little closer as the original shots show the pull tab at 75% and the ring at 46%, 59% and 75%. Both 75% readings also have the same VDI. I have been following the threads on this forum for a couple of months and this is by far the best explanation of how to use the analyze screen I have seen. Women are definitely more perceptive than men in discovering subtle nuances. Great information and probably the best I have read on this forum. Good work Sarah.

Mark