Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

First zippo, and a fake ring, plus clad :cool:

Bucksport

I am fortunate enough to live in a town of 4000, and be the only active detectorist.
Since I have not hit the school sports fields in 2 years, it was time. I haven’t used my Tracker IV in a while, so that was going to be the detector, with the 4” coil mounted. I have been using the Tracker since 2001. It has similar nuances as the Compadre when it comes to digging by sound only. I can call a quarter and dime ususallly before I dig. With the tones set just right I can also call zinc and nickels fairly accurately. The great thing about using the 4” coil is know the depth capability. It will nail coins solidly down to about 4.5 inches, and it is laser precise, so my plugs are very small.

I skirted the perimeter of one of the soccer fields along the fence. That is where the kids usually set their bags down while they practice. This is a target rich spot. Lots of up and down. Not a huge amount of trash. The mid and broken tone that repeated were all dug though.
After that area I went across the road to the outskirts of the high school football field. This area has some trees that look like a good loiter area for kids before and after games. I have pulled lots of shallow clad from this spot in the past. Nailed a good solid signal the was deep. About 5 inches down was something shiny. Out popped a nice slim zippo circa 1986. The hinge is broken, so it will get sent in. The ring didn’t get me too excited since it was obviously not real. It did have some of the old gold plating left in spots.
61810365-0ECF-4EE1-8DC3-8F4BB77EFADA_zpsfmo2jtji.jpg

E6E081A2-2F81-41D3-818A-EB9B8E83C5BC_zpsp6n8v5hn.jpg

Nice finds

Thanks Elton. The zippo was sent back and returned fully repaired.