Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 10"DD

No, but I had one for two different Omega's and it saw more hunting time then the other three coils I had, combined. See's a little more ground then the 5". but still has wonderful target separation and, of course, deeper. I am about to track one down for my F 75 DST version. HH jim tn

I have one and once snow melts i will test it out..i use the f75ltd2. Air tests were very very good...if it separates close to the 5" DD then it will get alot of time used..

Don't know about the F-70 but I've got that coil on the F-19 (comes as stock).-----Excellent performance--nice tight foot print---well built, solid construction so no problem with sticks & stubble---gives very good separation & gets decent coverage.-----It definitely gets more depth than the 5" (at least on the F-19).-----------Del

if you mean the 10x5dd, I have one.

skates over turf in parks and fields
a little emi sensitive, but controlable
not as precise at pinpointing as the 10" conc, but what dd is

Its my "go to" coil on my f70. I have it mounted on a tall mans lower shaft, a'la mudpuppy's setup
I carry the 6x4 "football" for the trashy, tight cover areas.

Thanks Shadow, I'm going to put another coil in the stable for this summer but I'm torn between the 10" DD and the 11"DD. We have sand here everywhere accept where black dirt has been hauled in for lawns and parks so there is lots of variation in GB. I love my ability to predict the targets with my 10" elliptical but could use a little more depth on the deep river sand.--Thanks---IB

If you have the choice between the two. I'd see if you could find a good used 11". The 11" is still a skosh deeper. So unless there is a lot of stubble in your area, the 11" edges out the 10".
Being most of my areas are in or near the desert, the 10" solid design really helps around the sticks and stubble.

The more I use the 11", the more surprised I am at how well it separates. When I first got mine I was used to swinging a 5", and the 11" felt like I was detecting with a garbage can lid. But at some point the 11" clicked, and now I hardly ever put my 5" on my F70. If the 10" separates better than the 11", it ought to be a great coil.

shadowulf said:
If you have the choice between the two. I'd see if you could find a good used 11". The 11" is still a skosh deeper. So unless there is a lot of stubble in your area, the 11" edges out the 10".
Being most of my areas are in or near the desert, the 10" solid design really helps around the sticks and stubble.

I think finding a good used 11"DD would be pretty tough around this site since they are killer awesome on the 70/75.
KT, If the 10"DD performs on the 70 anything like it does on the F19, we would probably have another winner at hand.===============IB

I agree, it would be very hard to find a deal on an 11" dd through the traditional search and monitoring the 'accessories for sale' methods... unless one of our Forum members changed over to a 5"dd or a NEL..even then, you'd have to try to talk them out of it...they probably would never even attempt to post it, they just dont have the urge, so you would have to ask with a PM...I know who I'd call, but I'm too greedy to make this public just in case! :rofl:
Mud

And that brings up the 3rd choice. The NEL Hunter and Sharpshooter both were viable options before I got the 10".
As I had said, I wanted the 10" because of its design.
If depth were the only option I was looking for, the Hunter might edge out the 11" due to its larger size and narrower width.

Edit:
I've seen the 11" listed on fleabay. So there's that option too. It's really coming down to where and how you are going to use it. At least we now have a few good choices. Better than one mediocre choice as some other machines.