Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

FISHER 1220X / 1260X COILS

joe dirt_1

I'm looking for coils for my 1220x Fisher. Could be interested in a small 3 3/4" hockey puck coil and a 11" coil if the price is right.
Anyone have anything they are willing to part with or can put me in touch with someone that might have the coils.....thanks...

Roger

Well, the 1220 and the 1260 do not share coils with any other 1200 series models, so that's going to narrow your options a lot.
I'm not sure that they even made the little 3-3/4" coil for the 1220/1260.

I would suggest doing what your doing, hit the forums and get the word out. Next I would watch Fleabay, and you may also want to send Keith Wills an email at brokendetector dot com. He specializes in repairs and parts for older discontinued models.

Mark

MarkCZ, I know the 1220 / 1260 used a different coil than the other 1200 series detectors. The 3 3/4" hockey puck coil was the only coil offered for the 1220x until the 1260x came along, and then the 11" coil was made available. I bought a new 1260 with all 3 coils from kellyco in the mid 80's
I actually located a 3 3/4" and a 11" coil, both brand new never used, for 100.00 shipped. I was fortunate to find a new old stock 1220x a couple of days ago for a great price. I hunted with the 1220, 1260, 1265, and 1266 detectors for years
and this 1220 is sort of a nostalgia thing for me I guess. Can't wait to get out with the 1220x this spring................HH

Roger

joe dirt_1 said:
MarkCZ, I know the 1220 / 1260 used a different coil than the other 1200 series detectors. The 3 3/4" hockey puck coil was the only coil offered for the 1220x until the 1260x came along, and then the 11" coil was made available. I bought a new 1260 with all 3 coils from kellyco in the mid 80's
I actually located a 3 3/4" and a 11" coil, both brand new never used, for 100.00 shipped. I was fortunate to find a new old stock 1220x a couple of days ago for a great price. I hunted with the 1220, 1260, 1265, and 1266 detectors for years
and this 1220 is sort of a nostalgia thing for me I guess. Can't wait to get out with the 1220x this spring................HH

Roger

Your right about finding those NOS coils. I wasn't for sure about that little coil for the 1220/1260 I know that sense I got my 1266 a few years ago and started watching coils for it that I've not seen very many of the 1220/1260 coils and none of the little ones, I've had a few of them for the 1266/1265.
Mark

MarkCZ, Check out Sven's site....www.treasurelinx.com .....he has company ad slicks from several older detector models, plus some other cool stuff.
I would love to try out some of those older machines that you just never see around anymore. Coils for the older detectors are getting harder to find, but there's still some around............HH

Roger

I have 2 Fisher 1260x,1220x coils,11",4" New old stock
5 pin male plug. my understanding is won't fit any other 1200 series models. I'm unable to test, (I'm Goldbug 2 only) but I believe the new coils will work fine.

PM for great pictures, I don't have any small enough to post.