Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1260-x

"The 1260 is a 30 year old design...The 1260-X was a very good machine in its day, it changed the industry and quickly became a "classic". Have fond memories of it, it was my first commercial metal detector design. But beepers have come a long ways in the last 30 years, and nowadays just about everything over $150 made in the USA will embarrass it..... The Delta ($250-300) will run rings around the 1260 and give you target ID while doing it."

It its day (1982) it set a new standard going with the 2-pole (2 filter design); slower motion and better depth in moderate ground, and as I recall did not have a pinpoint mode. (Preset ground balance.)
You can substitute the user's guide for a 65X or 66X, and field tests. http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals/1266-XB.pdf
(there are many videos on youtube)
This is just one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KG8vHik7KGM
(You will probably get more responses @ the Vintage Forum)

It’s still a Great Detector in my Arsenal- My headphone jack went bad and I had it replaced about 2years ago plus any cosmetic that was available . My other ( 2) Best Detecting Couple and I ordered 3. Fisher 1260 X in 1982 It put all the other detector’s to shame on the Beach. The Fisher 1260 X is also a Great Detector in Detector Treasure Hunts with a Fast Single Response . Mine had the Extra Frequency Selector to block out interference from other Detector,s It,s a Gold Ring Killer on the Beach if you don,t mind a few pop top,s goldnugget