Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

fisher 1265 and 1266x

ken ward

Is there a big difference between the two. I have an old 66x. Got a chance to pick up a 65 for $50.00. I know the 65 is older, but the controls are the same. Thanks... KEN

I had both and couldn't tell a lot of difference in the 2. The one thing I like the 65 for was hunting nickels with the little 3.75" coil and it seemed to hit real good on them. The 66 may have been just as good but at that time I didn't give it much of a chance.

You may find you will have a battery cover latch problem on the 65, they were all plastic and didn't hold up well.

Ron in WV

Thanks Ron. I thought they were about the same. KEN

ken ward said:
Thanks Ron. I thought they were about the same. KEN

The 1265 used boxed search coils while the 1266 uses the open spider framed.
The 1265 sensitivity control is backwards from the 1266. (the push in, pull out is reversed)
The 1265 had problems with battery compartment cover, in that the little button latch messes up. (the 1266 has a screw for the battery cover)

Now there is some internal difference's but that gets hard to specify. The 1266 replaced the 1265, but at the time with the improvements they couldn't fit it all on one circuit board, so for the first year (or so) of production the 1266 used two circuit boards, then latter on and some more micro circuitry the company was able to incorporate all the circuitry into one board. A good number of the old times claimed that the dual boards was the better of the 1266 designs.

Mark

Thanks Mark. I have one of the early 66. Still a good detector to use. It will find the deep coins... KEN

They changed it to a bolt instead of the push pull knob.