Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1270 at Brandy Station, VA

Steve in PA

How do you guys think the 1270 will perform in that hot soil? Has anyone used a 1270 in the Culpepper, VA area?

HH -Steve

I'd like to know myself as that's one of the units I will have as well. Actually, I'll expand the question. If anyone's hunted that red clay what Fisher worked best? My money is on the Coinstrike......
HH, Bill

which would be Dave Dig'n Va the ground can vary from Ok to bad in different areas of Brandy Station and yes the C$ can handle the bad areas. Forget ID accuracy but it can tell ferrous from non-ferrous at good depths.

Tom

& diggin' it all anyhow. Probably best to stick w. 8" coil too. Maybe even using "tracking" will help as well?

you get there Bill. Dave said he could run high sensitivity and threshold settings so I assume he had auto trac turned off.

Tom

we have heavy black sands on the beaches here. The C$ handles that (at times it may chatter, but it works well)....so it should be something like that & fine down there.
HH, Bill

Was in Brownsville Texas in the early 90s. We were using Fisher 1265s and 1266s. This soil had a high salt content. We had to turn our sensitivity back all the way to zero, otherwise you got all kinds of false signals. Once we made this adjustment, the machines worked fine and I could dig .70 cal musketballs a foot deep.

I think that the 1270 will work OK at Brandy, even if I have to go All Metal, which I don't have much experience with....

If you run in all-metal you should have no problem. But when you switch to disc. the machine may run eratically. I had that problem in Luray and switched to all-metal GB and the 1270 worked fine.

Yes I have used every detector there except the new Goldscan 5. As long as you can ground balance you will dig relics, The ground is constantly changing, hot to good back to hot to super hot. Very few targets discriminate. But the Whites are preferred because of there manual adjustments. Hey I dug a few hundred plates with a 4900 Whites. You guys will do fine. Tex Kinsey

n/t

really pick up all kinds of small iron too? I thought someone was saying the lower the frequency the better for there?

Better ground balance. But yes it will. The Coinstrike will work but id will be off. Hunt it in all metal, 8 inch coil. Ground changes rapidly so its tuff.

Well bring those things down here and we can go there and try them out Bill. I dont know where the dig is but I know a few places we can go.