Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Fisher 1280x any one use it ?

keppy

I do not see any thing here on the 1280x like to know if any one uses it ...... And if so what they think of it ....... I will just be hunting fresh water ........ So i don't need a multi Freq. detector ........ But i can't find any thing about it here.???

Never used one but always wanted to try one. In reading and studying lots of info, I don't think you will go wrong with one if only hunting freshwater. Most of the beefs with it is that is does not work as well as the dual or multifrequency units in teh salt water...and rightly so compared to them.

Only other thing I read is that the Tesoro Tiger Shark may be a bit more sensitive to gold in the freshwater but does worse in the salt water than the 1280, but the 1280 is deeper on coins and silver than the TS..

I have used a 1280x Fisher for over twenty years. I bought mine in 1987 or so and it has never failed, leaked or had a problem of any kind. They are built like a bank vault. The 1280 is as sensitive to gold and silver as any other water machine I have ever used and it has found it's share. The only problem I have experienced in salt water is right at the surf line where the water is moving. Adjusting the sensitivity usually takes care of most of the falsing. In fresh water, use little or no discrimination, sensitivity as high as you can and still maintain stability, crank the volume as high as you can stand it and the deep stuff will come. The 1280x is one of Dave Johnson's designs so you know it's good.

Thanks for the info i did get some messages telling me that i could not go wrong to get one.........

I have a 1280x and the only place I hunt is on the beach..I'm very happy with it.I had gotten it for only250.00and made thousands off of this unit. I Bought it used and recently found out its over 22 years old and still KICKIN :cheers: LOVE IT ////////////////////////////////:cheers:

This is another unit I want to own!

I have wanted to own one for over 20 years.

So far I have a divers mask, a snorkel, and swim fins,

I need a wet suit, maybe a BC, or a weight belt, and oh yeah,... a 1280X!

LOL

I would love to own one of these great units!